- Best for: Anonymous and discreet encounters
- Free membership: Free registration
- Users: Chat with thousands of attractive singles
- Flexible for hookups and more
- Explore what local UK cities have to offer
- Discreet options available
- Simple, safe, and user-friendly service
- Safe, reliable, and discreet services
- Diverse UK membership for trans singles
- Caters to kinks, special interests, and more
- Great for when you are abroad
- Easy and convenient interface
- Perfect for casual dating & hookups
- Plenty of members for you to have fun with
- Top-tier casual trans dating services
- Simple and discreet for easy use
- Flirt, chat, video, and more
- Great for finding ideal matches
- Large userbase improves your odds
- Easy, reliable, and secure
- Enjoy user-friendly chat, video, and more
Personality assessment for enhanced screening
Global reach. Match with like-minded singles all over the world
Meet your equal in values, lifestyle, and career ambition
- Ignite romance right in your vicinity
- Enjoy exact matching thanks to accurate filters;
- And explore many more benefits that will help you find love!
- Offers unlimited messages and great value with a Welcome Offer for the new members
- More than a dating site. Gives access to engaging and unique VIP Content for its premium members
- Secure. Supports a variety of safe and convenient payment options, like Google Pay and Apple Pay
- Meet attractive Asian, European, & Latino singles
- Quick and free signup
- Casual or serious online dating
- Best for: Open-minded looking for "no strings attached" fun
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 54 million
Engage in romantic conversations of an exciting nature with REBLL Network’s premium British dating community. If you are looking for teasingly playful connections, meaningful deeper interactions, or anything in between, you have arrived at your destination! Let us create memorable experiences for you that leave you both satisfied and wanting more. Check out our perks:
Flirty Conversations: Engage in playful banter, exchange virtual surprises, and enjoy interactive charm with potential matches that make your heart race.
Captivating Profiles: Create a profile that dazzles! Share your most alluring photos, fun videos, and witty bio snippets to showcase your unique charm.
Exciting Encounters: Join us at local events, where sparks fly, connections sizzle, and you'll find yourself wrapped up in thrilling moments with other singles in the UK.
Personalized Connections: Immerse yourself in Exclusive Matches, where cutting-edge algorithms work their magic, connecting you with individuals who ignite your interests and desires.
Safety with a Spark: Your safety is our top priority, wrapped in an air of mystery and excitement. Exclusive Matches ensures a secure yet exhilarating dating experience, where you can let your guard down and embrace the adventure.
- Large database of Asian and European singles in the UK
- Full control of your profile to set your desired privacy settings
- Attend virtual events to meet even more members
Looking for different dating services?
Our trans dating UK guide looks at the best ways to meet transgender people. We also share tips for positive transgender dating experiences and online dating options. Whether you are looking for a TS dating site or app, you can choose from our comprehensive rankings above.
Our advice aims to be useful and welcoming to all gender identities and sexual orientations. We want you to get the most out of transgender dating sites for casual or serious relationships.
Best Trans dating UK apps and sites
The best platforms for trans dating UK are different for every person. Here are some questions to consider when looking at trans dating apps and sites:
- Does the dating platform cater to the trans community?
- Are the profile creation options gender-inclusive?
- Are there LGBTQ filtering settings?
- Are messaging options safe for the transgender community?
- Do you have to pay a premium membership fee for key features?
- Are fake profiles a problem on the service?
- Can you comfortably use the service on iOS and Android devices?
Casual TS dating platforms
Here are some TS dating apps geared more towards casual relationships or hookups.
Grindr is a location-focussed LGBT dating app. It gives users in-depth search options as well as settings to accept NSFW photos from other users. Grindr differentiates itself from other dating services by offering networking features and covering LGBT issues.
Grindr has two paid options (XTRA and Unlimited) that reduce or remove limits and ads.
OkCupid lets users choose from 22 genders and 20 orientations. It incorporates gender identity inclusive design into its features. For example, you can add preferred pronouns to your profile and use LGBT-specific privacy controls to ensure safe online dating.
OkCupid has three premium membership options (Basic, Premium and Incognito). The first two remove ads, lift limits, and show who likes you. The Incognito option makes your profile invisible except for accounts you interact with.
Adult Friend Finder
Adult Friend Finder is a popular adult casual encounters dating platform. TS singles and couples can create detailed profiles. Adult Friend Finder is geared towards explicit and mature interactions both online and in-person. The dating service also has forums so members can discuss their intimate preferences with a like-minded audience.
Adult Friend Finder has a paid membership that lets users send and receive messages, view full profiles, and watch webcam streams.
TSER or TRANSDR is aimed at Trans, non-binary, crossdresser, transvestite, and queer users. It’s only available as an app on iOS and Android. This dating app also provides TG personals for anyone looking to meet trans singles. This app requires a paid membership to use.
TS dating sites for serious relationships
These online dating sites and apps are for transgender singles looking for serious relationships.
Butterfly is a TS dating platform developed in the UK. This trans dating site also allows users to display details such as FTM or MTF as part of their dating profile and other inclusive details.
Thoughtful safety features like chat autocorrect edit transphobic terms such as shemale dating or ladyboys. The chatroom automatically suggests alternatives such as “trans man” or “transsexual woman”.
Butterfly has a paid VIP membership that unlocks unrestricted messaging.
Bumble is a dating app with inclusive gender identity options. You are not limited to just men and women. There are also thoughtful settings that give users a choice of how to display gender on their profile. Bumble is also sensitive to gender-fluid needs by letting users update their gender at any time.
While you can match and message with people for free, Bumble does put swipe limits on free accounts to encourage users to pay for a premium membership.
Badoo also has inclusive gender identity options available when you sign up. The site also takes user safety and profile verification seriously. While you can pay for Badoo Premium, you are not missing out on any key features by using the free account.
What to expect from a TS dating site or app
These are the main things to expect on a TS dating site or app.
Acceptance is the most important aspect of any trans dating UK site. Trans singles and cis people interested in trans dates need safe and welcoming options to interact.
Whether you make new friends on a dating service like MyTransexualDate or a social media site, online services are starting to better cater to the needs of trans communities.
Discretion is still necessary today because being safe on dating websites doesn’t automatically translate to safety in the real world. It’s for this reason that the best trans dating apps UK users pick from take steps to protect data and offer anonymity when messaging or viewing profiles.
Diverse potential matches
Diverse potential matches are easily found on any dating app or site that caters to trans communities. Most dating services will have extensive filtering options that let you narrow down searches according to your most desirable criteria.
Safety for trans dating UK communities requires more than just online privacy and security. The best trans dating apps UK users sign up for also have reminders and resources to reinforce personal safety guidelines.
How to choose the right TS dating app or site
The best trans dating apps UK users install feature the following:
- Free membership: Trans dating sites and services have a majority of features available to those who sign up to a free account. While premium memberships lift limits or add certain features, the core parts of the dating service are available for free.
- Inclusive and representative gender and orientation is the bare minimum when it comes to trans dating UK services. Dating platforms that only have men or women as gender options are not suitable for trans people.
- Proactive safety features and guidelines are essential to make transgender dating secure and enjoyable. Whatever TS dating app you go with, see whether it has clear community guidelines outlining how users are expected to behave and features that keep you safe online.
- Secure and discrete payment options is a basic requirement if you plan on signing up for a premium membership. Good trans dating services offer encrypted payment options to ensure your financial information is safe.
Trans dating UK: Tips for better TS dating experiences
To make your trans dating UK experience a success, follow these tips:
Pick the right profile photo
The best profile photo for you will depend on what you want to show on your profile. It’s worth checking photo policies on the trans dating UK platform of your choice.
Some dating sites require you to show your face while others don’t. The same goes for explicit photos or not having a photo at all. Make sure you can present yourself in the way you feel most comfortable.
Profile verification is common across many trans dating apps and sites. Verification features help to reduce the impact of scammers and fake profiles on trans dating UK platforms. Many dating platforms limit access to features for unverified accounts. So to get the most out of online dating, you need to have a verified account.
Profile verification sometimes requires a profile photo which is why it’s important to check the signup requirements on the dating apps you are interested in.
Use search filters to see user profiles that match your interests and preferences. Trans dating sites and apps will approach sorting profiles differently. Some only have basic gender and orientation settings while others have algorithms with extensive lifestyle search filters.
Difficulties of dating as a trans person in the UK
While dating apps and most Britons are taking steps to be inclusive, the trans dating UK experience isn’t automatically as respectful as it should be. A recent UK report by YouGov and Stonewall (a respected LGBTQ advocacy group) highlighted the stark reality of being trans in the UK.
- 50% of UK trans people have to conceal who they are at work or school.
- 50% of UK transgender women and men hide that they are LGBT.
- 12.5% of the UK trans community has been physically attacked by a work colleague or customer.
- 25% of trans women and men in the UK are subjected to domestic violence.
- 25% of UK trans people have been homeless at some point in their life.
The significant obstacles shown by these recent statistics illustrate the difficulties of being a trans person in the UK. This is because not being able to reliably count on family support, having to hide at work, and being more likely to be assaulted as a trans person affects all personal interactions – including dating.
Trans dating UK: Do’s & Don’ts
The do’s and don’ts for positive trans dating UK experiences are primarily aimed at cisgender people looking to date trans men and women.
Do ask for pronouns early & Don’t misgender trans people
If a potential trans date has not put their pronouns on their dating profile, it’s good to ask them their pronouns when you start talking. Until they tell you what their pronouns are, it’s ok to use “they” temporarily to avoid misgendering.
Do respect boundaries & Don’t ask intrusive questions
Transgender women and men have the same right to privacy as you do. While it’s normal to have questions for a new partner that does not mean you have the right to ask intrusive questions. Given the difficulties trans people face in the UK, trust is an important requirement before some personal or sensitive details are shared.
Do treat trans dates with respect & Don’t hide insecurities
Trans dates deserve the same respect as anyone else. This includes standing by and unconditionally supporting your date in uncomfortable situations in public.
Another aspect of respect is good communication and not hiding insecurities. Whenever possible, open and honest communication is important.
Trans dating UK: FAQs
Get answers to your transgender dating questions here. Feel better prepared when talking to a potential transgender partner.
Where can I find a trans dating UK site?
You can find trans dating site recommendations right at the start of this page. You can also find reviews of trans dating sites or apps below this FAQ in addition to more information on free TS dating site options.
How do I start talking to a transgender person online?
You can start talking to a trans person by telling them what caught your eye in their profile. It could be anything from saying something nice about their photo to asking about interests they’ve listed on their page.
The bottom line is that you’re starting a conversation with someone you find attractive. You want to show that you are positively interested in them as a unique person.
What is it like dating a trans person?
There is no single answer to what dating a trans person is like for everyone. The best way of thinking about dating a transgender partner is to take gender out of the equation.
Think about what dating is like for you. What are the things you value in a relationship? What does a wonderful date entail in your mind? Once you’ve answered those questions for yourself, you will have the answer to what dating a trans person can be like.
If you are thinking about what TS dating is like in terms of those around you, then have a look at the answers below.
What is my sexual orientation if I’m dating transgender people?
What your sexual orientation is or isn’t if you’re dating transgender people is something only you decide. You also don’t need to have an answer right away. It is completely normal not to know or to be unsure. You are under no obligation to define your sexual orientation for other people.
If you are wondering about your sexual orientation, it’s worth finding reliable LGBTQ resources, such as GLAAD UK, Stonewall, and the LGBT Foundation. You can also speak to supportive people you trust to help you find your very own answer.
How do I introduce my transgender date to friends and family?
You introduce your transgender date to friends and family like you would anyone else you’ve introduced before. You give your date’s name and maybe some brief details about how you met. The fact that your date is trans does not change social norms or expectations of politeness.
If for some reason you cannot expect basic decency from your friends and family, this is something you must discuss with your date to figure out what to do.