Meeting eligible singles can be a fun, exciting experience, but putting yourself out there and being vulnerable can make some people uncomfortable. The reality of dating in Edinburgh, according to the official city website, is that 39% of all households in Edinburgh comprise a single person.
While that statistic may be sobering, it’s also an opportunity. With so many singles in Edinburgh, your soulmate could be just around the corner.
Dating in Edinburgh: How do I meet new people in Edinburgh?
Taking the first step with dating in Edinburgh can be nerve-wracking. With a little time and a dash of courage, it is easy to start meeting new people, through dating apps and in-person.
Best dating apps in Edinburgh
Here are our top dating app picks to meet singles across Edinburgh.
- Simple, discreet hookups on the go
- Perfect for local matching
- Match based on special interests and more
- Share pics and videos
- Large database of Asian and European singles in the UK
- Full control of your profile to set your desired privacy settings
- Attend virtual events to meet even more members
- Easy to use mobile app
- Leader for serious dating apps
- Match with local partners or by city
- Perfect for finding love on the go
- Ideal for serious relationships with over 50 seniors
- User-friendly and simple to use
- Match up with locals
- Chat, message, share video and more
- Ignite romance right in your vicinity
- Enjoy exact matching thanks to accurate filters;
- And explore many more benefits that will help you find love!
Tailored matching algorithm + localized connections
Privacy with advanced security features
Local events and activities
- Thousands of mature singles looking for love, romance, and friendship
- Advanced features like identity verification, profile screening, and anti-scam protection
- Explore your preferences with search filters, chat rooms, and compatibility tests
- 100 million active users
- 100% verified accounts
- Easy start with the "Let's Mingle" feature
- Welcome Offer for new members
- Unique VIP Content for premium members
- Maximum payment security (Google Pay, Apple Pay etc.)
- Easy and convenient interface
- Perfect for casual dating & hookups
- Plenty of members for you to have fun with
- Meet attractive Asian, European, & Latino singles
- Quick and free signup
- Casual or serious online dating
- Global community but local flavor
- Advanced matching algorithms
- Security and privacy assurance
- Free, fast and easy registration
- Real girls from 180 countries
- Highly engaged and active community
- Best for open-minded looking for “no strings attached” fun
- Free membership
- 54 million users
Edinburgh dating events: Where do singles meet?
Sometimes picking a dating in Edinburgh event seems impossible. Often, individuals will meet other compatible partners through social clubs and public engagements.
Single events in Edinburgh
- Join Gentle Jaunts
- Participate in Edinburgh Walks & Random Events
- Sign up for the Sunday Brunch Club
Speed dating events in Edinburgh
- Ditch or Date
- Original Dating
- Speed Dater
Is dating in Edinburgh hard?
Dating in Edinburgh is not necessarily harder than in other places, but it is different. You will need to keep an open mind and adjust to the culture and customs of the Scots, or you may face difficulties meeting new people.
Unspoken rules and guidelines for dating in Edinburgh
For a great experience when dating in Edinburgh, it’s best to follow these tips for singles.
- Prepare to meet your date’s friends early on. Do not expect a single one-on-one date on day one since Edinburgh dating often revolves around group outings or meeting in a pub.
- Dunediners will often have a favorite pub, chip shop, or hangout. Get to know your date by having them show you their top destinations for food, drink, and more.
- Prepare yourself for many wild nights out on the town with your date. Edinburgh locals are incredibly social and love to party, which can also lead to the dreaded hangover if you are not careful about hydrating the night before.
- You will probably meet the parents early. Dunediners are close with their family, and hanging out with parents and siblings is generally the norm. Meeting the family does not imply that you’re heading for a marriage proposal, so you do not have to panic just yet.
Dating in Edinburgh: Final words
Edinburgh is a genuinely magnificent city filled with personality. Commit to start putting yourself out there and meeting new people. Right now is a great time to start dating in Edinburgh and enjoying your life on a whole new level.
Find your dating in the UK city guide below.