Our EliteSingles review has a full rundown of all the features for both the dating site and app versions. EliteSingles is aimed at highly-educated professionals looking for serious relationships.
The dating service promotes its intelligent matchmaking algorithm as the key to help you find love. EliteSingles’ premium service aims to offer more effective profile searches, resulting in more meaningful connections.
This EliteSingles review will determine how it stacks up against the best elite professional dating sites.
What do I need to know?
- EliteSingles Review UK: Overview
- EliteSingles Review: Pros and Cons
- Who is the EliteSingles dating platform for?
- EliteSingles review: UK price breakdown
- EliteSingles Review UK: App and Dating Site Features
- EliteSingles sign up process and first steps
- EliteSingles review – final thoughts
- Best UK dating site recommendations
- FAQ: EliteSingles review
EliteSingles Review UK: Overview
The target audience for EliteSingles is made up of educated professionals aged 30 to 50. While EliteSingles is an online dating service, it puts a heavier focus on the matchmaking angle than some of its competitors.
EliteSingles Review: Pros and Cons
Take a look at the advantages and downsides found during this EliteSingles review.
- A clear focus on serious relationships and tools to find love
- The detailed personality test driving the intelligent matchmaking technology
- The ability to specify what traits are most important to you
- EliteSingles reviews profiles to improve online safety
- The Customer Care team can be reached by phone or email
- The app is convenient for on-the-go connections
- EliteSingles blog offers advice to improve your online dating experience
- Their free account does not allow users to talk to potential dates.
- Unlimited photo viewing is restricted to premium members on 6 or 12 month packages.
- The most expensive monthly subscription provides the least amount of features.
- There is no month to month membership option available
Who is the EliteSingles dating platform for?
EliteSingles is a dating site for serious online dating where compatibility is a priority, and is not aimed at users looking for casual hookups.
EliteSingles is aimed at people who want to be matched with someone who has a similar education background and lifestyle to them. While anyone 18 and up can sign up, the majority of users are between 30 and 50 years old.
The dating platform sees education as a significant factor in the matchmaking process. This was a key point throughout our hands-on EliteSingles review. However, it isn’t the only criteria to find good matches. EliteSingles values users being honest and upfront on their dating profiles.
Who can you find on EliteSingles?
EliteSingles lets you sign up as a man or a woman looking for men or women for serious relationships. Unlike most dating sites, the spread between male and female users is fairly even.
Through the signup process, you can refine who you are looking for in terms of ethnicity, gender preference, height, education, lifestyle, and personality traits. You can specify a distance for your search – anywhere from 50 miles to the opposite end of the country.
EliteSingles members can find matches based on ethnicity or religion, alongside those pursuing mature dating or gay dating. With thousands joining every month, EliteSingles is a dating site with plenty of new members.
EliteSingles Member Stats
Here are some key stats about EliteSingles members.
- More than 80% of EliteSingles hold a university qualification.
- The majority of EliteSingles members are over 30 years old.
- Most men on the dating platform are in the 25-35 age bracket.
- Most women on EliteSingles are older than 35.
EliteSingles review: UK price breakdown
The following EliteSingles price breakdown is based on current prices. EliteSingles reviews its pricing, meaning that lower prices could be available when signing up, thanks to promotional site offers.
|Premium Subscription||Total Package Price||Monthly price comparison|
|3 months of EliteSingles Premium Light||£134.85||£44.95|
|6 months of EliteSingles Premium Classic||£209.70||£34.95|
|12 months of EliteSingles Premium Comfort||£299.40||£24.95|
EliteSingles offers three different price options based on different durations. The shortest available EliteSingles premium subscription is for three months, while the longest is for a full year.
While the monthly price varies depending on the duration of the package, you have to pay for the full amount upfront to actually benefit from the desired monthly fees.
How to save money on EliteSingles?
The important thing to notice is that the EliteSingles cost of membership decreases, the longer your subscription. Taking out a longer premium subscription package is the best way to save money. This is our main EliteSingles review takeaway when it comes to saving money.
EliteSingles Review UK: App and Dating Site Features
EliteSingles is free to join but premium membership is essential to have a meaningful online dating experience.
As a free member, you can view EliteSingles profiles but not their profile pictures. These remain blurred until you sign up for a monthly subscription. One perk found during this EliteSingles review, however, is that you do get a free personality test.
Free vs Premium Subscription
Let’s compare what you get on EliteSingles with a free vs premium membership.
Without needing to put your credit card details, you can get the following features for free:
- Suggested Matches
- Giving Likes and Smiles to other EliteSingles members
- Sharing your answers to 5 Questions
With a premium subscription, what available features depend on how long you register for. The main difference, found during this EliteSingles review, is between the 3 month memberships and the longer subscription packages.
|Premium Light (3 Months)||Premium Classic or Comfort (6 or 12 months)|
|Unlimited messages and chat||Unlimited messages and chat|
|Intelligent matchmaking||Intelligent matchmaking|
|View all photos on member galleries|
|See who visited your profile|
|See if someone has read your message or not|
You can complete and personalise your profile at any time. During our EliteSingles review, we found you are more likely to find a compatible match with a paid membership.
EliteSingles lets you highlight your favourite parts of a dating profile. This has the potential to create high-quality interactions with potential matches. It works well with the Five Questions template that the dating platform has crafted to present personality traits.
While the matchmaking approach is first and foremost, features like “Have You Met” give people a familiar swipe-based format to work with.
Feature Tip: You also have the What If section to browse even more EliteSingles profiles.
During our EliteSingles review, we found the dating service does not currently have an integrated video chat on their service. EliteSingles suggests using external video conferencing apps instead.
EliteSingles App: Is it user-friendly?
We are happy to report that the EliteSingles app is indeed user-friendly. The dating app is lightweight and full of functionality. What you can do on the dating website you can also do on the dating app. It is available on both iOS and Android mobile app stores.
EliteSingles sign up process and first steps
Time needed: 10-20 minutes.
Because EliteSingles prides itself on matchmaking people with similar personalities and lifestyles, the registration is more involved than on other dating sites. Set aside 10 to 20 minutes to complete it.
You can sign up through the EliteSingles homepage or dating app. Once you have entered your basic information, including your gender and what you’re looking for, you can get started building your profile.
Sign up process tip: You don’t need to verify your email when signing up through the app.
The next step is the personality test which helps the matchmaking algorithm operate effectively. EliteSingles emphasises the importance of answering honestly.
First Steps for EliteSingles Members
Here are our suggested first steps for new EliteSingles members:
- Make sure to get the EliteSingles dating app: This will let you check daily matches and tweak your profile on the go.
- Be honest when crafting your EliteSingles profile. Thoroughly completed profiles are rewarded on the platform by appearing in more results.
- Select an effective profile picture. You want to be the only person on it, in focus and well-lit.
EliteSingles review – final thoughts
EliteSingles presents itself as a serious online dating site for who want a long-term relationship. The intelligent matchmaking and personality profile features set this apart from other dating apps on the market.
EliteSingles is best suited for users who highlight personality traits, education and professional background as key aspects when matching with someone online.
Best UK dating site recommendations
These are our top picks for UK dating sites. Find the best option that works for you.
- Over 13 million active users on the site
- Intelligent matchmaking based on background and interests
- 85% of members have a professional background
- Great for: Highly educated singles who want to find love
- Free registration
- 190,000 users (and counting)
- Perfect for: Anyone looking for something serious long-term
- Free Registration
- The UK's #1 trusted dating app
- Perfect for: People looking to flirt and starts things off in a fun way
- Find someone in your neighbourhood
- Chat with like-minded singles straight away
- Large database of verified & attractive Asian singles
- Efficient communication tools for real relationships
- Top-level safety and professional support
- Where you could find love and romance without boundaries
- Our instant messaging service brings you closer together than ever before.
- Fun chat function that lets you send texts, voice notes, pictures, gifts and more
- Great search function
- The place to find like-minded people who are looking for meaningful relationships
- Immediate support from professional team
- 1000s of profiles
- Experienced singles looking for good relationships
- Excellent atmosphere to get closer easily
- Online chatting with attractive people
- Plenty of chances to meet your one and only
- Free registration
- Best for: Anonymous and discreet encounters
- Free membership: Free registration
- Users: Chat with thousands of attractive singles
FAQ: EliteSingles review
Get answers to common EliteSingles queries below.
Is EliteSingles a legit site?
EliteSingles is a legit dating site that has been operating for over a decade. The site has security features to reduce the possibility of scammers creating fake profiles. EliteSingles reviews dating profiles to ensure safety on its dating platform.
How many young people use EliteSingles?
Most users are between 30 and 50.
Why are pictures blurred on EliteSingles?
While EliteSingles reviews uploaded pictures, this is not why pictures are blurred. Profile pictures are blurred only for those using the free service. Once you have a premium subscription, the pictures are fully revealed.
How to upload pictures on EliteSingles
On the EliteSingles website: Login, go to Profile and look for the picture placeholder with the “Upload a photo” button beneath it. You can upload pictures in JPG, GIF, PNG and BMP format.
On the app: Go to your profile and tap on the image section. You will then have the option to upload a photo from your mobile camera roll or photo app.
You can also link your Facebook account to use photos from there. EliteSingles reviews photos to make sure they are appropriate.
What does Active mean on EliteSingles?
If someone appears as Active, it means that they are currently online. If it is a Premium Member, they can be messaged and receive winks. If they are a free member, you can still message them as a premium member though they cannot reply.
What does the heart and arrow symbol mean on EliteSingles?
The heart and arrow indicate your matching score with another EliteSingles member. Below the symbol, you will have a percentage score showing you how much you have in common. EliteSingles reviews answers to the personality test and your profile content to determine this score.
How to edit gender and who you’re looking for after registration
To edit your gender and who you’re looking for (referred to as searched gender on the platform), you have to reach out to the Customer Care team for EliteSingles. You may be asked for proof of ID to process the edit.
Other details requiring an EliteSingles review from customer services include height, date of birth, and display name.
How do I change my password on EliteSingles?
To change your password on the website, you need to go to My Account and click on the Password option. Enter your current password before entering a new password. The process is the same on the app.
EliteSingles recommends that passwords have eight characters or more, mixing up letters, numbers and symbols (such as question marks). You should avoid using passwords you use for other online services.
How do I cancel my EliteSingles subscription?
Cancelling your subscription is easy, although you must do it before your subscription period runs out. There are four steps you can follow to cancel yours:
- Head to My Account and hit the Membership button
- Select the Cancel button
- Enter a reason for cancellation before selecting Continue
- Enter your password and validate cancellation with the Confirm button
Who owns EliteSingles?
EliteSingles launched almost a decade ago. The dating platform is part of Spark Networks, which operates across 29 countries.
Spark Networks Services GmbH
Kohlfurter Strasse 41/43