In this eharmony review, you’ll see why eharmony.com is one of the most popular matchmaking websites in the UK. With over 10 million users from all ethnicities around the world, it’s also one of the most in-depth matchmaking services to find love!
eharmony was the first algorithm-based online dating site for meeting potential matches. Thanks to their in-depth personality survey and compatibility quiz with an evolving algorithm, they have become one of the top dating websites in the world.
These 150 questions are based on 29 key dimensions, which eharmony says are crucial to lasting relationships. Does this alone mean that eharmony is one of the best dating sites?
This matchmaking questionnaire sets eharmony apart from its competition and can be seen in the success rate of its matchmaking. In the modern age of dating apps and quick swipes, eharmony shows that there is still a place for psychology tests and perfect matches.
What do I need to know?
eharmony review and summary: Is eharmony worth it?
eharmony is an easy dating website to use but it comes with a hefty price tag for premium members that get the eharmony subscription. However, that does mean that daters are committed to finding true love here.
This is very much a site for single daters who are looking for a committed relationship. If you’re only interested in hook-ups, look into a service like Tinder.
eharmony offers up the eharmony app for Android and iOS if you are someone who prefers to be on the go while dating. This has made finding true love an especially flexible and successful endeavour thanks to eharmony.
With such an established service that has evolved its matching algorithm, more Brits than ever are finding long-lasting relationships. If you are looking for a serious relationship, then eharmony is for those focused on marriage and family.
Here’s a review of the pros and cons of eharmony:
- A detailed sign-up process increases the chances of matching with others and filters out those with questionable intentions
- Matches are delivered daily
- In-depth profiles are fun to fill out and explore, heightening your dating experience
- The algorithm selects matches specific to you so you don’t have to trudge through thousands of profiles
- The best dating site for people looking to commit to a long-term relationship
- The lengthy sign-up process can be off-putting to people who just want to get started
- You can’t search out individual users and review them yourself
- Free membership isn’t effective as you can’t see pictures and all messages are limited
- LGBTQ dating is limited on eharmony, but it does offer a separate dating site for this
- The subscription plan for membership cost can be expensive
- Fake profiles can still be found on the site
eharmony price breakdown
eharmony prices range from £8.95 GBP per month to £29.90 GBP, although new members start with a free membership if you prefer free dating. However, you will find that your options with the free eharmony membership can be a little lackluster.
All memberships can take the questionnaire to see compatible matches, as well as use winks and the icebreakers feature. Premium members with the 6, 12, or 24-month plan can enjoy unlimited messaging, video dates, browsing member profiles, and high-quality matches.
You can pay as a one-off payment, a payment plan, or in three instalments by either credit card, gift card, or PayPal. If at any point you would like to cancel, go to your account settings and select cancel payment prior to your billing period.
eharmony review, tips for getting started
When you first sign up with the eharmony dating site, you’ll be presented with the questionnaire to fill out your personality profile. We highly recommend spending as much time as you need on this initial setup, even if it takes a while. The results are worth it.
The answers and questions may seem a little odd at first, but the functionality and success of eharmony’s questionnaire and compatibility matching system are undeniable. To give you an overview, it is split into five sections:
- Emotional temperament
- Social style and social values
- Relationship skills
- Values and beliefs
Although you don’t need to include a phone number, you should definitely invest some time with your profile photos to create a better overall profile. Take some time and a little money to hire a professional for your photos, or at the very least ask a friend for the best results.
When you do start to message people, you’ll get the option of using icebreakers to help initiate a conversation. Users can choose 5 of 100 icebreaker questions with free dating, and more as a premium member. This is especially useful if it’s your first-time online dating.
You can also just send a smiley emoji or a flirty little gesture if you aren’t happy with the icebreaker questions, which come with preexisting answers. With that said, the icebreaker questions do give you a good entry and talking point if you aren’t sure how to get started.
These questions reflect the values explored in the personality survey and span topics such as dating attitudes, life ambitions, family, and time travel.
Best UK dating site recommendations
These are our top picks for UK dating sites. Find the best option that works for you.
- Over 13 million active users on the site
- Intelligent matchmaking based on background and interests
- 85% of members have a professional background
- Great for: Highly educated singles who want to find love
- Free registration
- 190,000 users (and counting)
- Perfect for: Anyone looking for something serious long-term
- Free Registration
- The UK's #1 trusted dating app
- Perfect for: People looking to flirt and starts things off in a fun way
- Find someone in your neighbourhood
- Chat with like-minded singles straight away
- Fun chat function that lets you send texts, voice notes, pictures, gifts and more
- Great search function
- The place to find like-minded people who are looking for meaningful relationships
- Immediate support from professional team
- 1000s of profiles
- Best for: Anonymous and discreet encounters
- Free membership: Free registration
- Users: Chat with thousands of attractive singles
- Experienced singles looking for good relationships
- Excellent atmosphere to get closer easily
- Online chatting with attractive people
- Plenty of chances to meet your one and only
- Free registration
eharmony review FAQ
Curious about what the eharmony price is like and if it’s worth paying for? Do you have some specific questions that our eharmony review didn’t cover? Here, we answer some of the most frequently asked questions to help you get started:
Can eharmony be trusted?
Yes, they can be trusted. As you can see from our eharmony review, we believe that the service has a lot to offer users, including successful matchmaking. Although you can find fake profiles on the site, generally they offer a safe, reliable dating experience.
Does eharmony have a lot of fake profiles?
A few, but fewer than you might think. Earlier in our eharmony review, we mentioned that one of the cons was the presence of fake profiles. While it is true that they exist, most profiles that you will see are legit, as is the service.
What age group is eharmony for?
eharmony is for any age group and you’ll find success no matter how old you are. However, the majority of users, around 30%, are between 18-24. The next highest group, 35-44, makes up about 20% of its user base.
eharmony review: Fall in love today
Are you single looking to fall in love, but want a reliable and safe service you can use? Check out eharmony for one of the most reliable ways to fall in love with someone for a serious, long-term relationship!
Thanks in part to their advanced algorithms that ensure high-quality matching and multiple filtering options for premium memberships, you’ll be sure to find the perfect match in no time.
So sign up today, fill out the in-depth personality questionnaire, and start finding matches that are perfect for you!