eharmony was the first algorithm-based online dating site for meeting potential matches. Thanks to their in-depth personality survey and compatibility quiz with an evolving algorithm, they have become one of the top dating websites in the world and in the UK. With over 10 million users from all ethnicities around the world, it’s also one of the most in-depth matchmaking services to find love!
Their 150 matchmaking questions set eharmony apart from its competition and can be seen in the success rate of its matchmaking. In the modern age of dating apps and quick swipes, eharmony shows that there is still a place for psychology tests and perfect matches. Read our eharmony review to learn more about the site, its features, and its prices to decide if it’s the best dating site for you.
How eharmony works
eharmony is an easy dating website to use but it comes with a hefty price tag for premium members that get the eharmony subscription. This means that daters are committed to finding true love here.
According to our eharmony review, the site allows all members to take its unique personality quiz for free and start matching. The questionnaire uses 150 questions to determine 29 key dimensions of your personality, which are crucial to finding a compatible partner. Upon setting up your profile, you can continue using the free version of the site or purchase a subscription to access more features.
Free vs paid features
Our eharmony review confirms that the site offers free registration and a number of free features to get a feel for the site. However, to enjoy the complete dating experience and start communicating with other users, you may want a premium subscription. Without a premium membership, you can’t see the photos of your matches or properly communicate with them.
- Take the personality quiz and fill in your profile
- Get unlimited matches every day
- Communicate with other members using smileys, icebreakers, and greetings
- Respond to your first message
- Browse other profiles anonymously
- See the profiles you recently visited
- Message other members
- Use enhanced search and filters
- Use distance search
- See all your matches’ photos
- Access exclusive dating content and tips
- eharmony compiling your unique personality profile
- Find out who visited your profile
- Enjoy a free review of your profile
There are three types of paid memberships available on eharmony, and you’ll pay less for your membership if you subscribe for a longer length of time. Thus, in our eharmony review, we recommend a longer plan.
|Cost per month
*Pricing provided for illustrative purposes based on available information at the time of writing.
eharmony offers a discount on the Premium Plus and Premium Extra subscriptions. You can purchase those for £11.95 and £8.95 per month for the first 3 months, respectively. You can also read our eharmony review of free trial possibilities to learn more.
Once you’ve decided on the membership that’s right for you, you have a few payment options to choose from. You can pay as a one-off payment, a payment plan, or in three instalments by either credit card, debit card, gift card, or PayPal.
Users and demographics
Because of the relatively high subscription prices, this is very much a site for single daters who are looking for a committed relationship. According to our eharmony review, most members are in their early 20s, with a large group of members in their early 40s, as well. If you’re only interested in hook-ups, look into a service like Tinder.
How to get started
When you first sign up with the eharmony dating site, our eharmony review discovered that you’ll be presented with a questionnaire to fill out your personality profile. We highly recommend spending as much time as you need on this initial setup, even if it takes a while. The results are worth it.
The answers and questions may seem a little odd at first, but the functionality and success of eharmony’s questionnaire and compatibility matching system are undeniable. To give you an overview, it is split into five sections:
- Emotional temperament
- Social style and social values
- Relationship skills
- Values and beliefs
Although you don’t need to include a phone number, you should definitely invest some time with your profile photos to create a better overall profile. Take some time and a little money to hire a professional for your photos, or at the very least ask a friend for the best results.
When you do start to message people, you’ll get the option of using icebreakers to help initiate a conversation. Users can choose 5 of 100 icebreaker questions with free dating, and more as a premium member. This is especially useful if it’s your first-time online dating.
You can also just send a smiley emoji or a flirty little gesture if you aren’t happy with the icebreaker questions, which come with preexisting answers. With that said, the icebreaker questions do give you a good entry and talking point if you aren’t sure how to get started.
These questions reflect the values explored in the personality survey and span topics such as dating attitudes, life ambitions, family, and time travel.
Pros and cons
These are the advantages and disadvantages that we encountered during our eharmony review process.
- A detailed sign-up process increases the chances of matching with others and filters out those with questionable intentions
- Matches are delivered daily
- In-depth profiles are fun to fill out and explore, heightening your dating experience
- The algorithm selects matches specific to you so you don’t have to trudge through thousands of profiles
- The best dating site for people looking to commit to a long-term relationship
- The lengthy sign-up process can be off-putting to people who just want to get started
- You can’t search out individual users and review them yourself
- Free membership isn’t effective as you can’t see pictures and all messages are limited
- LGBTQ dating is limited on eharmony, but it does offer a separate dating site for this
- The subscription plan for membership cost can be expensive
- Fake profiles can still be found on the site
The eharmony app
eharmony offers the eharmony app for Android and iOS if you are someone who prefers to be on the go while dating. This has made finding true love an especially flexible and successful endeavour thanks to eharmony.
We answered some of the most frequently asked questions on our eharmony review to help you get started:
Can eharmony be trusted?
Yes, they can be trusted. As you can see from our eharmony review, we believe that the service has a lot to offer users, including successful matchmaking. Although you can find fake profiles on the site, generally they offer a safe, reliable dating experience.
Does eharmony have a lot of fake profiles?
A few, but fewer than you might think. Earlier in our eharmony review, we mentioned that one of the cons was the presence of fake profiles. While it is true that they exist, most profiles that you will see are legit, as is the service.
What age group is eharmony for?
eharmony is for any age group and you’ll find success no matter how old you are. However, the majority of users, around 30%, are between 18-24. The next highest group, 35-44, makes up about 20% of its user base.
Our final thoughts
Are you single and looking to fall in love, but want a reliable and safe service you can use? Our eharmony review determined that eharmony may be one of the most reliable ways to fall in love with someone for a serious, long-term relationship!
Thanks in part to their advanced algorithms that ensure high-quality matching and multiple filtering options for premium memberships, you’ll be sure to find the perfect match in no time.
So sign up today, fill out the in-depth personality questionnaire, and start finding matches that are perfect for you!
- #1 trusted dating app in the UK
- For serious, long-term relationships
- Free registration
- Perfect for: People looking to flirt and starts things off in a fun way
- Find someone in your neighbourhood
- Chat with like-minded singles straight away
- The place to find like-minded people who are looking for meaningful relationships
- Great search function
- Immediate support from professional team
- Ignite romance right in your vicinity
- Enjoy exact matching thanks to accurate filters;
- And explore many more benefits that will help you find love!
- Welcome Offer for new members
- Unique VIP Content for premium members
- Maximum payment security (Google Pay, Apple Pay etc.)
- Free sign-up!
- Easy-to-use interface, optimized for all devices.
- 100% match guarantee.
- Privacy protected in a discreet environment.
- Possible great matches,
Tailored matching algorithm + localized connections
Privacy with advanced security features
Local events and activities
- local dating
- chat rooms
- available for mobile too
- Thousands of mature singles looking for love, romance, and friendship
- Advanced features like identity verification, profile screening, and anti-scam protection
- Explore your preferences with search filters, chat rooms, and compatibility tests
- 100 million active users
- 100% verified accounts
- Easy start with the "Let's Mingle" feature
- Easy and convenient interface
- Perfect for casual dating & hookups
- Plenty of members for you to have fun with
- Best for anonymous and discreet encounters
- Free registration and free membership
- Chat with thousands of attractive singles
- Large database of Asian and European singles in the UK
- Full control of your profile to set your desired privacy settings
- Attend virtual events to meet even more members
- Global community but local flavor
- Advanced matching algorithms
- Security and privacy assurance
- Free, fast and easy registration
- Real girls from 180 countries
- Highly engaged and active community
- Best for open-minded looking for “no strings attached” fun
- Free membership
- 54 million users
- Meet attractive Asian, European, & Latino singles
- Quick and free signup
- Casual or serious online dating