There are many well-known dating apps for iPhone, including free iPhone dating apps as well as some paid or lesser-known ones. If you are looking for the best dating apps for iPhone, this guide can help you learn which apps work best.
- Simple, discreet hookups on the go
- Perfect for local matching
- Match based on special interests and more
- Share pics and videos
- Large database of Asian and European singles in the UK
- Full control of your profile to set your desired privacy settings
- Attend virtual events to meet even more members
- Easy to use mobile app
- Leader for serious dating apps
- Match with local partners or by city
- Perfect for finding love on the go
- Caters to matching academics and professionals for serious dating
- Match and meet with singles locally or by city
- Flexible for mobile users
- Meet matches who fit your schedule
- Enjoy dating to find a serious, lasting romance
- Active members across the UK
- Ideal for serious relationships with over 50 seniors
- User-friendly and simple to use
- Match up with locals
- Chat, message, share video and more
Personality assessment for enhanced screening
Global reach. Match with like-minded singles all over the world
Meet your equal in values, lifestyle, and career ambition
- Ignite romance right in your vicinity
- Enjoy exact matching thanks to accurate filters;
- And explore many more benefits that will help you find love!
- Offers unlimited messages and great value with a Welcome Offer for the new members
- More than a dating site. Gives access to engaging and unique VIP Content for its premium members
- Secure. Supports a variety of safe and convenient payment options, like Google Pay and Apple Pay
- Easy and convenient interface
- Perfect for casual dating & hookups
- Plenty of members for you to have fun with
- Meet attractive Asian, European, & Latino singles
- Quick and free signup
- Casual or serious online dating
Engage in romantic conversations of an exciting nature with REBLL Network’s premium British dating community. If you are looking for teasingly playful connections, meaningful deeper interactions, or anything in between, you have arrived at your destination! Let us create memorable experiences for you that leave you both satisfied and wanting more. Check out our perks:
Flirty Conversations: Engage in playful banter, exchange virtual surprises, and enjoy interactive charm with potential matches that make your heart race.
Captivating Profiles: Create a profile that dazzles! Share your most alluring photos, fun videos, and witty bio snippets to showcase your unique charm.
Exciting Encounters: Join us at local events, where sparks fly, connections sizzle, and you'll find yourself wrapped up in thrilling moments with other singles in the UK.
Personalized Connections: Immerse yourself in Exclusive Matches, where cutting-edge algorithms work their magic, connecting you with individuals who ignite your interests and desires.
Safety with a Spark: Your safety is our top priority, wrapped in an air of mystery and excitement. Exclusive Matches ensures a secure yet exhilarating dating experience, where you can let your guard down and embrace the adventure.
- Best for: Open-minded looking for "no strings attached" fun
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 54 million
What are the best dating apps for iPhone?
As the popularity and diversity of dating apps continue to grow, you have many different apps to choose from, depending on your lifestyle and relationship goals. Below you can find custom suggestions for different dating communities.
Best dating apps for iPhone if you’re cis-gendered
Here are our recommendations for the best dating apps for iPhone for cis-gendered users (users that identify with the gender they were assigned at birth).
eharmony is one of the world’s top dating apps thanks in part to its very thorough personality survey and compatibility quiz. Matches are delivered daily and its algorithm narrows down profiles to your preferences. eharmony prioritizes finding your perfect match.
👍Detailed sign-up process
👍Intelligent matches are delivered daily
👍Focus on serious dating
👎Free membership has extremely limited features
👎Some fake profiles
👎Some users may find the cost expensive
Tinder is widely known for its swipe-based profile browsing. On the app, you have to decide “yes” or “no” on a profile before continuing on to the next one. Although it can be entertaining for a while, Tinder does not have profile-filtering tools for users. This means that you might have to swipe through a lot of profiles before finding someone you’re interested in.
👍Intuitive app design
👍Active user base
👍You can link to your Instagram or Spotify accounts
👎Not ideal for serious dating
👎Limited amount of likes and “superlikes”
👎Lots of unverified profiles
Coffee Meets Bagel
Coffee Meets Bagel, or CMB, is popular among singles because it provides curated matches for its users. You don’t have to spend time swiping through profiles, CMB presents you with 6 profiles every day based on your stated preferences, your location, and which users have liked your profile
👍New targeted matches each day
👍Profiles cannot be searched and are therefore more private
👍No random messaging from unwanted users
👎Matches are limited per day
👎The criteria used for matching are basic
👎It can take longer to get matches since they are limited
EliteSingles is one of the best dating apps for iPhone and it focuses on helping singles find a partner that has a similar education, background, and expectations. EliteSingles is not for casual hook-ups; its users tend to look for serious relationships.
👍Helpful privacy and safety tools
👍Several different subscription models to choose from
👍Personality-based matchmaking algorithm
👎Sign-up is lengthy due to the personality test
👎Not for casual dating
👎Unlimited communication is only for premium members
Best LGBTQ-friendly dating apps for iPhone
Here are our suggestions for the best dating apps for iPhone for LGBTQ+ singles.
Grindr was initially known for its popularity among gay male users but has now become a much more inclusive app for the LGBTQ community. Grindr is easy to sign up for and use. Once you have your profile, you can begin chatting with other users and filter profile results by location.
👍Easy to use
👍You can send audio, text, and images
👍World’s largest LGBTQ dating app
👎Fake profiles may exist
👎Ads regularly interrupt the experience of using the app
👎Not ideal for serious dating
Although Bumble may be known for its “women message first” feature, it’s not exclusively for heterosexual dating. In fact, Bumble’s features for LGBTQ dating give either person the ability to message first.
Bumble lets you filter the profiles you swipe through based on their gender identity. There are more than 30 gender identities available on Bumble for your profile.
👍Plenty of gender options to choose from
👍Lots of verified profiles
👍Ability to “snooze” your profile so your matches don’t expire
👎Bumble only allows 6 pictures
👎Likes are limited for free users
👎Free users cannot go back to a profile they swiped “no” on
Zoosk is an app popular among LGBTQ singles because it allows you to interact with millions of users to find the best partner for you. It’s easy to sign up for and once you have your profile ready, you can find and interact with other users through Carousel (swipe-based matching) and Smart Picks (curated matches).
👍Convenient sign-up process
👍Photo verification process to reduce fake profiles
👍Thorough search filters
👎Video features can sometimes be glitchy
👎Ads for free users
👎You have to pay to send messages after the free trial
OkCupid is popular among singles because it’s easy to use and offers a lot to its users. You can filter through profiles and specify your gender and sexual orientation. You set your criteria and the algorithm presents you with matches that might interest you.
👍Free to download
👍Thorough questionnaire for curated matches
👎Subscriptions renew automatically
👎You may have difficulties finding matches in a less populated era
👎For another member to see your message, they must have liked your profile
Best dating apps for iPhone for meeting international singles
Here are some of the best dating apps for iPhone to meet international singles.
Qdating is an app available for iPhone that lets users access several dating sites intended for meeting singles from around the world. These include:
- CharmDate: this app is perfect for those looking to meet Eastern European singles without having to leave the comfort of their own home.
- AsiaMe: lets users interact with Asian singles regardless of whether or not they speak the same language. It also makes profile creation convenient with automatic tools.
- LatamDate: focuses on dating Latin American singles and makes it easy for users by letting them communicate with singles around the world.
Best dating apps for over 50 for iPhone
Plenty of Fish
Plenty of Fish is one of the best dating apps for iPhone aimed at a broad audience. The app has comprehensive filtering options that allow you to browse through profiles of singles that are 50+. POF is highly rated by its users.
👍A wide array of search filters to find matches
👍Free and unlimited messaging
👍You can express your preference of relationship (casual, serious, etc)
👎Free users see a lot of advertisements
👎Only premium members can see if their messages have been read
SilverSingles is specifically aimed at 50+ singles and prioritizes compatibility in their matches. You can create a profile, take a personality test, receive matches, send “smiles,” and browse profiles
👍Swipe through profiles for quick matches
👍Best matches are sent to you daily
👎Registration process can be lengthy
👎Free users cannot message potential matches
👎Only premium members can see other profile’s photos
Another iPhone app that is specifically for singles that are 50+ is OurTime. OurTime has a complete set of features:
- Create a profile
- Send winks, and flirts
- Search member profiles
- Add potential matches to your lists
👍Easy sign-up process
👍You can add potential matches to a “favourites” list
👍Photo uploads need to be approved and verified
👎 There may be some fake profiles
👎To send messages a paid subscription is required
What makes a good dating app for iPhone?
When deciding which of the best dating apps for iPhone to use, there are some key attributes to keep in mind and look out for.
- Features Available: before downloading an app, you can read the description on the app store to see if the features fit what you’re looking for.
- Review Scores: check the app store for ratings and comments to see what other users are saying about the app. Apple rewards highly-rated apps with an editors’ choice award—be on the lookout for those.
- Compatibility: some apps are aimed at broad dating groups while others apps focus on specific communities. The app description might help you learn who the app is targeting.
Best dating apps for iPhone: FAQs
Here are some answers to common questions that users have about the best dating apps for iPhone.
What are the most popular dating apps for iPhone?
What one of the best dating apps for iPhone is the safest?
Zoosk offers an enhanced identity verification system that ensures your personal information is safe. Additionally, Zoosk has great safe dating tips available on their app for iPhone.
Are dating apps for iPhone any good?
The apps we have covered all offer a wide array of features and functions for you to use to get started dating. Find the right one for you and try it out for yourself.
Best dating apps for iPhone: our final thoughts
There is no shortage of dating apps on the App store. We have gone over some iPhone dating apps that have numerous free features as well as other apps that require you to purchase a subscription in order to get the most out of the app.
Every app has different functions depending on what kind of dating they are focused on, which is why you can outline your own relationship goals before deciding on an app. After determining what you expect from a relationship you can then see which app’s features are most in sync with your expectations.