Even though 47% of the adult population in Bristol is single, it doesn’t mean dating in Bristol is easy. Our Bristol singles guide gives you tips to find someone with whom you share interests and have chemistry.
Trolling bars for a potential love interest can be exhausting, and most people don’t feel comfortable approaching a stranger randomly. Fortunately, both technology and coordinated events are available to make the process easier.
What do I need to know?
Best Dating Apps in Bristol
In 2021, over 62 million UK residents were mobile web users, and studies show that the average person spends over three hours a day on their cell phone. Why not spend a little bit of that time looking for your next great love interest? These mobile apps are worth a look to meet Bristol singles.
- Easy to use mobile app
- Leader for serious dating apps
- Match with local partners or by city
- Perfect for finding love on the go
- Caters to matching academics and professionals for serious dating
- Match and meet with singles locally or by city
- Flexible for mobile users
- Meet matches who fit your schedule
- Enjoy dating to find a serious, lasting romance
- Active members across the UK
- Ideal for serious relationships with over 50 seniors
- User-friendly and simple to use
- Match up with locals
- Chat, message, share video and more
- Simple, discreet hookups on the go
- Perfect for local matching
- Match based on special interests and more
- Share pics and videos
Best Dating Websites in Bristol
If you’re not a massive fan of your phone blowing up with app notifications, you can always leverage technology-oriented dating in Bristol that’s native to the web. These websites can help you connect with the perfect special someone for you.
- Over 13 million active users on the site
- Intelligent matchmaking based on background and interests
- 85% of members have a professional background
- Great for: Highly educated singles who want to find love
- Free registration
- 190,000 users (and counting)
- Perfect for: Anyone looking for something serious long-term
- Free Registration
- The UK's #1 trusted dating app
- Perfect for: People looking to flirt and starts things off in a fun way
- Find someone in your neighbourhood
- Chat with like-minded singles straight away
- Large database of verified & attractive Asian singles
- Efficient communication tools for real relationships
- Top-level safety and professional support
- Where you could find love and romance without boundaries
- Our instant messaging service brings you closer together than ever before.
- Fun chat function that lets you send texts, voice notes, pictures, gifts and more
- Great search function
- The place to find like-minded people who are looking for meaningful relationships
- Immediate support from professional team
- 1000s of profiles
- Experienced singles looking for good relationships
- Excellent atmosphere to get closer easily
- Online chatting with attractive people
- Plenty of chances to meet your one and only
- Free registration
- Best for: Anonymous and discreet encounters
- Free membership: Free registration
- Users: Chat with thousands of attractive singles
Events for Bristol Singles
Dating in Bristol through apps and websites might not be your cup of tea. If you’re hoping to interact with a potential partner face-to-face in an environment where intentions are clear without the pressure of a one-on-one date, there are plenty of options available.
Single Events in Bristol
Sometimes you just want to have a good time with the possibility of meeting someone involved. This is where singles events come into play. Sites like MeetUp feature several singles events in Bristol where you can let loose while making connections with individuals who may share your interests.
Speed Dating Events in Bristol
If you’re a fan of efficiency and variety, speed dating might be a good option for you. It’s a great way to quickly meet many Bristol singles seeking companionship. While Google can point you in the direction of one-off events, places like Peppermint, Totos by the River, and Revolution Bath host these events pretty regularly.
Is Bristol a Good City for Dating?
Fortunately for Bristol singles, plenty of date night opportunities are ripe with the area. Take in the sights with a romantic hot air balloon ride. Explore marine life at the stunning Bristol Aquarium. Flex your competitive muscles playing minigolf at Pirate Bay Adventure Club. There’s something for everyone.
Unspoken Rules and Guidelines for Dating in Bristol
If you’re dating in Bristol, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Be ready to try new things as Bristolians are adventurous.
- If they’re outdoorsy, take advantage of one of Bristol’s many festivals to really have a great time: there’s the Festival of Kites and Air Creations, the Balloon Fiesta, Ashton Court festival for the best music, the Harbour Festival for those who love ships, or St Paul’s Carnival.
- If they prefer something quieter, try the Hippodrome and take in something from the West End, or one of the many museums, like the Tudor Red Lodge, or really impress your date by getting a group together to view the Kings Weston Roman Villa.
- Bristol tends to be more physically active than other parts of the country, so don’t turn down meeting up at something like a walking tour to get to know your date.
- While overall a safe city, Bristol sees more crime than nearby Somerset, so make sure you don’t go anywhere unknown or alone at night.
Dating in Bristol might seem complicated, but a litany of apps, websites, and events can help take the pressure off. For more information on these options and more, check out DatingRoo for recommendations and rankings of Bristol dating tools.
Find your dating in the UK city guide below.