Being on the right dating app can improve your chances of finding the right person online. Dating apps such as EliteSingles and Tinder are available to both iPhone and Android users. Have a look at how each one stacks up and what their strengths and weaknesses are before choosing.
Picking the right dating app: EliteSingles vs. Tinder
The dating apps you use may say a lot about your relationship and intimacy needs. With the right dating app, you can have the best chance of matching with someone who is compatible with your love life.
Which dating app you sign up for is very much a personal choice. That’s why it’s important to be aware of all the options before making your choice.
Online dating app recommendations
Have a look at our dating app recommendations to help you find the one for you.
- Simple, discreet hookups on the go
- Perfect for local matching
- Match based on special interests and more
- Share pics and videos
- Large database of Asian and European singles in the UK
- Full control of your profile to set your desired privacy settings
- Attend virtual events to meet even more members
- Easy to use mobile app
- Leader for serious dating apps
- Match with local partners or by city
- Perfect for finding love on the go
- Caters to matching academics and professionals for serious dating
- Match and meet with singles locally or by city
- Flexible for mobile users
- Meet matches who fit your schedule
- Enjoy dating to find a serious, lasting romance
- Active members across the UK
- Ideal for serious relationships with over 50 seniors
- User-friendly and simple to use
- Match up with locals
- Chat, message, share video and more
Personality assessment for enhanced screening
Global reach. Match with like-minded singles all over the world
Meet your equal in values, lifestyle, and career ambition
- Ignite romance right in your vicinity
- Enjoy exact matching thanks to accurate filters;
- And explore many more benefits that will help you find love!
- Offers unlimited messages and great value with a Welcome Offer for the new members
- More than a dating site. Gives access to engaging and unique VIP Content for its premium members
- Secure. Supports a variety of safe and convenient payment options, like Google Pay and Apple Pay
- Easy and convenient interface
- Perfect for casual dating & hookups
- Plenty of members for you to have fun with
- Meet attractive Asian, European, & Latino singles
- Quick and free signup
- Casual or serious online dating
Engage in romantic conversations of an exciting nature with REBLL Network’s premium British dating community. If you are looking for teasingly playful connections, meaningful deeper interactions, or anything in between, you have arrived at your destination! Let us create memorable experiences for you that leave you both satisfied and wanting more. Check out our perks:
Flirty Conversations: Engage in playful banter, exchange virtual surprises, and enjoy interactive charm with potential matches that make your heart race.
Captivating Profiles: Create a profile that dazzles! Share your most alluring photos, fun videos, and witty bio snippets to showcase your unique charm.
Exciting Encounters: Join us at local events, where sparks fly, connections sizzle, and you'll find yourself wrapped up in thrilling moments with other singles in the UK.
Personalized Connections: Immerse yourself in Exclusive Matches, where cutting-edge algorithms work their magic, connecting you with individuals who ignite your interests and desires.
Safety with a Spark: Your safety is our top priority, wrapped in an air of mystery and excitement. Exclusive Matches ensures a secure yet exhilarating dating experience, where you can let your guard down and embrace the adventure.
- Best for: Open-minded looking for "no strings attached" fun
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 54 million
Tinder vs EliteSingles: the differences
These are the key differences between EliteSingles and Tinder.
|Who is it for?||Career-focused professionals looking for serious relationships.||Singles looking for a variety of relationship options. Tinder caters to younger and more diverse users.|
|Registration details||In-depth profile creation process based on honesty that helps get matched with compatible profiles.||Streamlined registration using Facebook, Apple, or your phone number.|
|Memberships and profiles||5+ million users, high-quality profiles thanks to strict verification.||Over 75 million users make Tinder a household name in online dating.|
|Paid options||Free service doesn’t include messaging. Several subscription plan options. More perks the longer you subscribe.||Free service includes messaging. Paid subscription adds more perks to improve experience.|
|Pros||Affordable and flexible pricing and plans, along with an active and educated user base.||Messaging and all main features are free. Inclusive-sign-up options.|
|Cons||You need the premium account to benefit from the app..||Not focused on long-term relationships or older users.|
How is EliteSingles better than Tinder
EliteSingles prioritises quality over quantity by making compatibility the top priority. The app calculates an easy-to-understand compatibility percentage based on the qualities you’re looking for as well as your own background, preferences, and personal values.
If swiping through hundreds of profiles does not appeal to you, you’ll enjoy using EliteSingles. This is why EliteSingles is aimed at well-educated and career-focused professionals might not want to spend all their free time on their phones.
The EliteSingles tagline is “Date smarter, not harder.” If you want a long-term committed relationship, then EliteSingles is going to be the better choice for you.
EliteSingles key points
Here are some important details to know about EliteSingles:
- EliteSingles users are mostly between 30 and 50 years old.
- EliteSingles users are highly educated, most of them have college or advanced degrees.
How is Tinder better than EliteSingles
Tinder is best known for its swipe-based profile viewing mechanic. One of the first dating services to start off as an app (not a website), Tinder disrupted the industry by stripping the dating experience down to its core question: do you like this person? Yes or no.
Unlike EliteSingles which places its emphasis on compatibility, Tinder is all about first impressions. You have to make a split-second decision based on a handful of profile pictures and a short bio. If you don’t decide, you don’t get to see other profiles.
As you swipe left and right, you make your way through a stack of profiles of people who are located within the distance and age-range you set. Those are the only details that truly matter when it comes to getting a date on Tinder–how old and how far your match is.
As for the rest, Tinder transfers that responsibility to the user. Tinder has added other criteria for matching–beyond age and distance–but its core strength and reputation still hinges on geolocation and first impression dynamics. This is why Tinder appeals to a younger demographic–it’s dating, gamified.
Tinder key points
Here are some important details to know about Tinder:
- More than 70% of users are men.
- Married people make up 30% of users on Tinder.
- A former Tinder executive, Whitney Wolfe Herd, went on to start Bumble.
Which dating app is cheaper? Tinder vs EliteSingles
EliteSingles and Tinder have different approaches to pricing. While EliteSingles adds more premium features the longer you sign up for, Tinder has three paid tiers and different pricing depending on your age. EliteSingles does not charge more just because you’re older.
Tinder vs EliteSingles price comparison (under 30s)
|EliteSingles||Tinder Plus||Tinder Gold||Tinder Platinum|
|1-month||n/a||£4.05 per month||£12.16 per month||£16.21 per month|
|3-month||£28.35 per month||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|6-month||£16.18 per month||£2.03 per month||£6.08 per month||£8.11 per month|
|12-month||£14.56 per month||£1.35 per month||£4.05 per month||£5.41 per month|
Tinder’s pricing is much cheaper than EliteSingles for users who are under 30. While EliteSingles provides a 3-month basic subscription, Tinder only provides monthly, 6-, and 12-month plans.
EliteSingles only has one set of prices vs Tinder’s three different paid tiers, the most equivalent comparison is between 6 or 12-month EliteSingles Premium plans and Tinder Platinum’s 6- or 12-month plans. It’s clear that Tinder Platinum is better value for money for younger users.
Tinder vs EliteSingles price comparison (over 30s)
|EliteSingles||Tinder Plus||Tinder Gold||Tinder Platinum|
|1-month||n/a||£8.10 per month||£24.31 per month||£32.49 per month|
|3-month||£28.35 per month||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|6-month||£16.18 per month||£4.05 per month||£12.19 per month||£16.25 per month|
|12-month||£14.56 per month||£2.70 per month||£8.12 per month||£10.16 per month|
The pricing table for users over 30 tells a different story. Feature-wise, the fair price comparison is between EliteSingles Premium and Tinder Platinum in their 6- or 12-month plans. While 6-month plans are neck and neck, the year-long plan is clearly cheaper on Tinder.
Let’s take a look at what features you get when you pay for EliteSingles and Tinder, as well as what you can do with a free account.
Feature comparison: Tinder vs EliteSingles
Comparing features between EliteSingles vs Tinder is cut and dry. EliteSingles requires its users to pay to be able to message meaningfully while Tinder lets matched users message without limits—staying true to their motto, “Match. Chat. Meet.”
EliteSingles features: free vs paid options
EliteSingles features are divided up between a free version and paid options with different subscription periods. Take a look at what option has the features you want to use most.
|Free option||Premium Light (3 months)||Premium Classic & Comfort (6 & 12 months)|
|✅ Profile creation||✅ Profile creation||✅ Profile creation|
|✅ Unlimited messaging||✅ Unlimited messaging|
|✅ View profile details||✅ View profile details|
|✅ Intelligent matchmaking||✅ Intelligent matchmaking|
|✅ View all profile photos|
|✅ See who visited your profile|
|✅ Read receipts|
The free option on EliteSingles only allows for profile creation and browsing obscured profiles. The Premium Light 3-month option essentially enables all the features you would get for free on Tinder.
For actual premium features, you want to look at the Premium Classic or Comfort. These two options do have cheaper monthly rates, although you have to subscribe for longer. They are equivalent to the most expensive Tinder paid subscriptions.
Tinder features: free vs paid options
Compare what you can do with each version of Tinder, free or paid, below.
|Tinder (free)||Tinder Plus||Tinder Gold||Tinder Platinum|
|✅ Profile creation||✅ Profile creation||✅ Profile creation||✅ Profile creation|
|✅ Match and chat||✅ Match and chat||✅ Match and chat||✅ Match and chat|
|✅ Unlimited likes||✅ Unlimited likes||✅ Unlimited likes|
|✅ Unlimited rewinds||✅ Unlimited rewinds||✅ Unlimited rewinds|
|✅ Tinder Passport||✅ Tinder Passport||✅ Tinder Passport|
|✅ No ads||✅ No ads||✅ No ads|
|✅ 5 weekly SuperLikes||✅ 5 weekly SuperLikes|
|✅ 1 Boost per month||✅ 1 Boost per month|
|✅ See who likes you||✅ See who likes you|
|✅ Daily top picks||✅ Daily top picks|
|✅ Message without matching|
|✅ Prioritized likes|
|✅ See Likes from the previous week|
The free version of Tinder has all the basic features you need to browse profiles, match, and chat with other users. Tinder Plus, Gold, and Platinum add features to make the online dating experience more pleasant.
Let’s take a closer look at the perks you get when paying for Tinder:
- Unlimited likes and rewinds: Tinder Plus lifts profile swiping limits as well as the ability to undo swipes if you made a mistake.
- Tinder Passport: Tinder Plus lets you swipe on profiles in a different location than the one you’re at. Great for travellers (similar to Bumble Travel Mode).
- No ads: Tinder Plus removes ads from your online dating experience.
- Complimentary SuperLikes and Boosts: Tinder Gold gives you 1 temporary boost to get more views once a month and 5 SuperLikes every week for free.
- See who likes you: This one is major. Tinder Gold saves you time by showing you who has swiped right (liked) on your profile. You then choose if you’re interested in them.
- Top picks: This Tinder Gold feature brings a more conventional online dating feature to this app. You will get curated profile recommendations from Tinder. Less swiping for you.
- Message without matching: This Tinder Platinum perk brings in another traditional dating service feature (included in EliteSingles) to Tinder.
- Prioritised likes: Tinder Platinum pushes your likes to the top of any user’s notifications whenever there is a match.
- See previous likes: Tinder Platinum helps you keep track of who you’ve liked by giving you access to your ‘swipe-right’ history.
Which dating app is better for you? Tinder vs EliteSingles
Take a look at what each dating app has going for it as well as areas where they could be better.
EliteSingles pros and cons
These are the benefits and drawbacks of using the EliteSingles dating app.
|✅ Quality over quantity approach||❌ You need to pay for basic features|
|✅ Focus on serious relationships||❌ 3.1 out of 5 App Store review score|
|✅ Intelligent matchmaking technology helps you find compatible profiles||❌ Fewer users than Tinder|
Tinder pros and cons
These are the advantages and disadvantages of the Tinder dating app.
|✅ You can message for free once you match with someone.||❌ Significantly more men than women use Tinder.|
|✅ Household names. Millions of active users.||❌ You need to pay more to get features that come as standard in traditional dating sites.|
|✅ 3.8 out of 5 App Store review score. Editor’s Choice award.||❌ Older users are forced to pay higher prices.|
Tinder vs EliteSingles: final thoughts
When comparing EliteSingles vs Tinder, both dating apps have clear strengths. They are both well-designed apps with millions of users. However, they cater to different types of users, with unique features and paid options.
EliteSingles is the better option for career-focused professionals looking for an efficient solution to find a compatible partner. EliteSingles users tend to be older and aim for more traditional long-term relationships.
Tinder takes a more spontaneous approach to online dating. Its free account is all you need to get started, and there are no key features hiding behind a paywall. For this reason, there is nothing to lose by signing up for Tinder. You can always sign up for EliteSingles too, to get a more streamlined experience based on intelligent matchmaking.
Tinder vs EliteSingles FAQ
You can find answers to common EliteSingles vs Tinder questions below.
Is EliteSingles better than Tinder?
EliteSingles is better than Tinder if you are specifically looking for a committed relationship. If you’re looking for a more casual or flexible online dating experience, then Tinder is a better fit.
Is EliteSingles legit?
EliteSingles is definitely a legitimate dating app. The dating service has been around for many years and is part of Spark Networks, one of the largest companies in online dating. EliteSingles has robust online security policies to make sure user profiles are valid.
Which dating app will help me get married? EliteSingles or Tinder
EliteSingles is more likely to help you tie the knot because of its focus on traditional relationships and an older demographic. That doesn’t mean you can’t find the love of your life on Tinder. As long as you’re upfront about what you’re looking for, it is possible. However, you might come across people who don’t share your relationship goals.
Which is cheaper? EliteSingles vs Tinder
Tinder is generally cheaper than EliteSingles. This is because the most important dating features on Tinder are available for free. On EliteSingles, you need to pay to be able to send messages and properly view profiles.
Dating apps compared
- Tinder vs. EliteSingles compared
- Bumble vs. Tinder comparison
- Plenty Of Fish vs. Bumble compared
- Zoosk vs. eharmony compared
- EliteSingles vs. eharmony comparison
- Zoosk vs. EliteSingles comparison
- Match vs. eharmony compared
- Match vs. OkCupid comparison
- Zoosk vs. OkCupid comparison
- OkCupid vs. Tinder compared