- Find local partners to fall in love with
- Focused solely on serious matchmaking
- Active community to engage with
- Ideal for 50+ and senior members
- Match locally or by a location of your choosing
- Trusted brand with an active, open community
- Caters to an academic crowd for serious romance
- Direct and easy to use chat and messaging
- Filter by location, interests, background and more
- Focused on successful and lasting matches
- Safe and reliable matchmaking trusted the world over
- Filter by interests and more
- Experienced singles looking for good relationships
- Excellent atmosphere to get closer easily
- Online chatting with attractive people
- Plenty of chances to meet your one and only
- Free registration
- Excellent for successful, motivated singles
- Flexible dating for busy professionals
- Find a soulmate who shares your work life balance
- Ideal for real relationships that last
- Engage with an active and serious community
- Enjoy chatting, sending messages, and more
- Best for: Meeting your someone in your local area
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 250.000
- Best for: Legit 40+ singles matchmaking
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 80 000
Looking for different dating sites?
There are several dating sites for over 50 singles that offer a better dating experience for older people. Let’s take a look at what the options are and how to make the most of dating for over 50 singles today.
What do I need to know?
What are the best dating sites for over 50 singles?
This is a selection of dating sites for over 50 singles. You can get an idea of what they offer in terms of features and the audience they cater to.
Ourtime is one of the leading dating sites for over 50 singles. It offers a completely optimised dating service for this age group. With useful functions like the “Ourtime Coach”, over 50 dating is a much more pleasant experience.
Registration and browsing member profiles are both free features. You get a feel for the dating site before committing to a premium membership for key features like messaging.
Ourtime checks the profiles during registration and deletes inappropriate content as soon as it is discovered, so fake profiles are kept in check when compared to other dating websites.
eHarmony is a dating service with a broader audience. However, its features are well suited to over 50 dating. eHarmony is designed to help over 50 singles find meaningful dates.
Unlike casual dating sites which tend to prioritise more on physical attraction and casual encounters, eHarmony focuses on compatibility and making good decisions. This makes it one of the best dating sites for over 50 singles.
Joining eHarmony is free, so it’s easy to see if the features and layout of the site are a good fit for you. To be able to get matches and chat, you have to pay a monthly subscription. Compared to other paid dating sites for over 50 singles, eHarmony is on the more premium end of the scale.
EliteSingles is one of the premium dating sites for over 50 singles. While this isn’t just for over 50 singles, its focus on giving users matches with high compatibility means that it is well suited to anyone over the age of 50.
When you sign up, you have to complete an extensive personality and lifestyle questionnaire. One perk of signing up for EliteSingles is that you get a personality profile analysis for free.
All this information then helps EliteSingles find the most compatible matches for you based on your answers regarding your lifestyle and personality. What’s great is that you don’t have to search for matches, EliteSingles gives you a selection of high-quality matches to start with.
EliteSingles is one of the top paid dating sites for over 50 singles looking for serious relationships. While registration is free, there is a monthly subscription to be able to fully use this dating site.
SilverSingles, as the name suggests, is one of the leading dating sites for over 50 singles. It’s ideal for singles over 50 who are looking for a serious relationship.
Over 50 singles can also find younger members who are interested in dating older men and women on SilverSingles. Additionally, there is an app version of the dating service – making mobile dating a reality for over 50 singles.
Choosing dating sites for over 50 singles: Our tips
The first tip to help you choose from all the dating sites for over 50 singles is to register and see what they are like. Dating site registrations are generally free, you can then better understand what the features are and what you’re getting for your money.
Finding the right dating site is like going on a date. You need to know what to look for before deciding to continue or not. Our tips on dating sites for over 50 singles are all about what you need to look for in your chosen dating site.
Easy sign-up and premium features
You want to go with a dating site for over 50 singles that features a well-organised registration process with a user-friendly layout. This will ensure that you have no difficulties getting started.
By signing up to a few dating sites for over 50 singles for free, you’ll get a good understanding of what premium features are most important to you. By shopping around, you can pick the dating site with the right features for you while comparing prices.
Finding your perfect match
The dating sites for over 50 singles recommended on this page tend to have in-depth profile features or search options. This is what sets them apart from casual dating apps. The search options will be more helpful when looking for someone who is compatible – your perfect match.
Since the dating sites mentioned above are generally aimed at people looking for more serious relationships, users will also tend to be older and more emotionally mature. This means that you will see more detailed profiles which give you a better understanding of your potential match before you start chatting with them. The advantage of this is that you have more material for great conversations.
Free vs paid dating sites for over 50 singles
The majority of dating sites are free to join and check out no matter what age group they are for. Some sites will restrict more or less what free users can do. Even free dating sites will have premium or enhanced features that you need to pay for.
The advantage of dating sites where all main features are free, such as Tinder, is that they are very popular and attract a general audience of people looking to date for many reasons. This can also be a disadvantage if you have a clear idea of who your ideal partner is. On a “free” dating site, you will need to go through a lot of profiles and deal with time wasters until you find the right match.
Paid dating sites require payment for core features like messaging other users. This is a barrier of entry for more casual users. Singles on paid dating sites will be more motivated to find someone since they are clearly invested in dating. This means that matching and chatting on paid dating services tends to be more meaningful overall for women and men over 50.
We recommend experimenting with a couple of dating sites and apps, one where most features are free and one that is more exclusive, to get an idea of what works best for you as an over 50 single.
Pros and cons of dating for over 50 singles
Here are the pros and cons for singles over 50 who want to start dating online.
- Being able to draw from your life experience.
- Having a clearer understanding of what you want from dating.
- Having more emotional maturity.
- Older partners can have personal baggage.
- Dating can be uncomfortable.
The experience of dating for over 50 singles is unique. Singles over 50 are able to draw from their experiences to better understand what they are looking for when dating.
Advice for over 50 dating
Whether you’re newly single after a divorce, a personal loss or you haven’t found the right person yet, the prospect of starting to date again can be daunting. The following tips will help you meet new people as an over 50 single.
- Take the initiative and have a positive mindset: By being proactive and having a positive attitude, you increase your chances of meeting someone.
- Prioritise and refine the qualities of your ideal partner: Think about the positive qualities of your ideal partner. It’s ok if those change over time as you meet new people.
- Be your true self: Pretending to be someone else is exhausting in the long run. Finding companionship with someone who likes you for who you truly are is rewarding.
- Stay safe online: Never send money or give personal information such as your personal address or phone number. Only give your phone number when you agree to meet in person.
Flirting for singles over 50
The first thing that you should remember is that flirting needs to be fun. Having fun with how you flirt encourages you to relax and take stumbles in stride.
You will make a few mistakes and even feel a little embarrassed now and again. This is normal, so don’t worry about it and keep trying. If you are having fun, so will your match, and that’s all that matters.