Is healthy eating and a lifestyle that reflects an eco-conscious awareness important to you when looking for a dating partner? Have you had trouble finding an animal-friendly partner who shares your beliefs about an ethical diet? Then you need to try Vegan dating!
We have ranked and reviewed the best vegetarian and vegan dating services for you so you can enjoy finding a partner for a long-term relationship with ease. Read on to learn all about vegan and vegetarian online dating!
What do I need to know?
- The Best Casual Dating Sites
- What is Vegan dating?
- Vegan dating apps and websites that work
- Looking for different dating apps?
- Why you should try a vegetarian or vegan dating app
- What to know about using a Vegan dating site?
- How to tell which are the best vegan apps and services
- Pros and cons to vegan dating
- Where to go to start Vegan dating
- What about spiritualism in Vegan or Vegetarian dating?
- Vegan Dating FAQ
The Best Casual Dating Sites
- Over 13 million active users on the site
- Intelligent matchmaking based on background and interests
- 85% of members have a professional background
- Great for: Highly educated singles who want to find love
- Free registration
- 190,000 users (and counting)
- Perfect for: Anyone looking for something serious long-term
- Free Registration
- The UK's #1 trusted dating app
- Perfect for: People looking to flirt and starts things off in a fun way
- Find someone in your neighbourhood
- Chat with like-minded singles straight away
- Large database of verified & attractive Asian singles
- Efficient communication tools for real relationships
- Top-level safety and professional support
- Where you could find love and romance without boundaries
- Our instant messaging service brings you closer together than ever before.
- Fun chat function that lets you send texts, voice notes, pictures, gifts and more
- Great search function
- The place to find like-minded people who are looking for meaningful relationships
- Immediate support from professional team
- 1000s of profiles
- Experienced singles looking for good relationships
- Excellent atmosphere to get closer easily
- Online chatting with attractive people
- Plenty of chances to meet your one and only
- Free registration
- Best for: Anonymous and discreet encounters
- Free membership: Free registration
- Users: Chat with thousands of attractive singles
What is Vegan dating?
Vegan dating is a niche type of online dating that caters to a community of like-minded vegan singles and gives them a platform to mingle, chat, hook up, and date on.
In addition to vegan dating, there is also vegetarian dating, which is for those who aren’t as strict with their diet and would like to keep their dating preferences open. Both offer many kinds of dating sites and apps, giving you an overwhelming number of choices for where you can go.
Vegan dating apps and websites that work
Vegan dating is one of many niche dating markets in online dating. Whether it’s a service dedicated to finding other vegans and vegetarians or a filtering feature that makes this possible, these are the top services for vegan dating:
- EliteSingles – using a study with their own members, EliteSingles discovered that users who included the word ‘vegan’ in their dating profile saw a boost of incoming messages by as much as 50%. EliteSingles since then has gone out of its way to increase users’ ability to filter members out based on their dietary preferences. This means that one of the largest dating platforms boasting exceptional success rates for matching can now match you with other vegan singles for the vegan dating experience you’ve always wanted.
- Veggie Date – Veggie Date is an online dating website that has been in service for over 20 years, focusing on an audience that avoids meat. In addition to vegans and raw vegans, the site provides a matching service to lacto-vegetarians, ovo-vegetarians, semi-vegetarians, macrobiotic eaters, and more. Unfortunately the site hasn’t been well maintained and so mobile users will find it lackluster. There are, however, up to 400 new members a month.
- VeggieConnection – If you are looking for a vegan dating service that is a little more ‘grass roots’, then VeggieConnection might just be right for you. The website and app are a not-for-profit service that is supported by volunteers and the financial subsidies of its founder, a man named Ken. Keep in mind that it does have a smaller user base because of its small team working on it, but it is specialized in helping you find vegans, raw-foodists, fruitarians, and vegetarians for romance and friendships.
- Match.com – Being one of the largest online dating services in the world gives Match the availability and resources to diversify their matchmaking process and give members more options and features for filtering their preferred singles. Because of veganism’s growing numbers and the fact that vegans and vegetarians want to date other vegans and vegetarians, Match has moved to accommodate them with better search options and matching. With over 14 million members, Match has more than enough people to look through for you to find a perfect vegan date.
- Spiritual Singles – Although the site is aimed at those who emphasize a certain belief system in their lives, there is in fact a strong overlap with people who make veganism a priority in their life. With over 85,000 members across the globe, Spiritual Singles connects people within a progressive dating environment for conscious people such as vegans, vegetarians, and those who advocate for animal rights.
Looking for different dating apps?
Why you should try a vegetarian or vegan dating app
Dating someone new can be a gamble when you want to be sure that they share your beliefs, and it’s an obstacle that many have difficulty navigating. This is even more true if you would rather not compromise it, including but not limited to their diet and lifestyle habits.
This is where vegan dating comes in. These are just some of the benefits you can expect when you sign up for a service like this:
- Date those who share your tastes – The main benefit of the vegan and vegetarian dating service is that you can exclusively date people who are eating the same things you are and share your enthusiasm for the vegan lifestyle.
- Participate in a like minded community – Not only can you browse for a dating partner on one of these vegan dating services, you can also actively participate in forums, chat rooms, and more. Discuss topics related to veganism with other vegans, make friends, and find a date all at once.
- Be flexible with your dating – Although the priority for vegan dating is that you meet with other vegans, you can of course edit and change your filters to accommodate for an array of different diets or needs. This can range from raw vegans to vegetarians and even to something like pescatarians, and can include looking for hookups, lasting relationships, or even friends. Be as open minded with your partner as you want to be!
- Engage in progressive activism – Take your belief in veganism a step further by staying up to date on relevant vegan news and movements in your community with the social features of these vegan dating sites. Focus on the news that matters the most to you and get involved with other vegans.
- Features that include Vegan-centric tips – Not sure what might be a good vegan-friendly dating spot near you? Check out guides and recommendations within the sites’ features and community to get tips for ideal vegan dating spots and avoid any place that might leave a bad taste in your mouth.
What to know about using a Vegan dating site?
First and foremost, a vegan dating site focuses almost exclusively on giving vegans a platform to date other vegans on. However, this does not mean that you will only find vegans here, but rather a combination of specialty dieters and singles interested in healthy eating.
If, as a vegan, the idea that a lacto-vegetarian would also be using the same dating service as you come across as a turn-off, then not to worry! You can always change your filters and exclude variations of veganism that don’t appeal to you.
For example, are you a raw vegan and only want to date other raw vegans? There’s a filter for that.
One of the big things to know about a vegan dating service is that there’s a pretty strong community aspect to the service. You can socialize and organize larger meetups with members of the community for anything from a meal together to a rally for the better treatment of animals.
Many of the services for veganism function much like a social network with dating features implemented onto them. This is helpful to get to know a local community you might otherwise be unfamiliar with.
How to tell which are the best vegan apps and services
The first thing you should be looking for when you register with a vegan dating app or website is a description of the service and who they specifically are aimed at. Some vegan dating services are more inclusive than others and will let you know right away whether it is right for you or not.
However, we would recommend going with a vegan dating service that offers its services to as broad of a community as possible, just to widen your dating pool a bit.
When you have registered, the next thing to check is what kind of community and social features they offer. Whether it is for free members or not can make a difference, but the important thing is to see whether they offer forums, chat rooms, and community interaction.
This type of inclusion means a lot more engagement and activity from the community and tends to mean that users are putting in more time than just casually checking their inbox.
Finally, of course, is the matching service. How accurate is their matching service after you have done a few searches? If you feel like it isn’t quite getting the crowd you were hoping it would, then perhaps move on to a new service until you find one that does.
Experiment and put yourself out there and you will be enjoying a vibrant, healthy-eating-based dating service in no time!
Pros and cons to vegan dating
When you start meeting a vegan girl or boy, there are a few pros and cons to it that you should think about. Don’t let these cons dissuade you from trying vegan dating out though, as it can be a rewarding experience.
- Shared values – when you date someone else who is vegan, you can be assured that they will most likely share your own world view about animal rights, the environment, and more.
- Affordable living – a plant-based diet can be very affordable, and this can really help when you are living on a budget.
- Healthy lifestyles – one of the best personal reasons for dating someone who is a vegan is that you are both health-conscious and are looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle with a good, nutritional diet.
- Veganism as the sole bond – it would be wrong of us to not point out that there may be more important factors in a relationship than one’s diet, and it shouldn’t be the only thing you two bond over or share in common. In addition, just because someone is not a vegan doesn’t mean they wouldn’t also share your views on animal rights, the environment, and more. Fortunately, most services try to match you on more than just your interest in food.
- Userbases for vegan dating services can be limited – you may be focusing your dating experience in a limited market if you aren’t using a larger dating service. While vegan dating is growing, that doesn’t mean it is a large market yet.
Where to go to start Vegan dating
Depending on where you live and what you are willing or able to do, you have a lot of options available to you in order to get to know interesting singles in your area. Here are some of the places we recommend looking for vegan singles or to take your date to:
- Events that cater to vegan lifestyles like “Veg fests” – A Veg fest is a meetup for vegetarians and vegans who are excited about a cruelty-free lifestyle. These types of events include a lot of interesting activities for you to either slip into, meet someone at, or bring a new date to, including: lectures, cooking demonstrations, book readings, and tables devoted to vegan-friendly products. These events go on for days, so if you go and put in the effort to meet new people then you will be sure to meet other single vegans. Who knows? Maybe the single person buying a new cookbook is the right person for you!
- Rallies and other activities – Believe it or not, a lot of progressive singles who attend rallies, protests, marches and more tend to be more open-minded to a vegan lifestyle, if they aren’t vegans themselves. By going out of your way to attend these gatherings you will get a good view of who is passionate about what, and whether you can get along with that person or not. And if simply going isn’t enough to catch anyone’s attention, try taking a more proactive role with the organizers, possibly making signs or spreading the word about the rally.
- A farmer’s market – Although this isn’t your standard vegan meeting point, and there are plenty of stalls that offer non-vegan food or products, Farmer’s markets tend to also attract a lot of vegan individuals. Little wonder, too, as this is the place to go to get the freshest, locally produced ingredients for vegan dishes and vegetarian appetites. This is a little more of a gamble than other places to meet single vegans, but it is still a good bet nonetheless!
- Social vegan meetups – With the help of websites like Meetup, which cater to communities and individuals with a particular taste in mind, you can find out what sort of local events are going on in your area specific to the vegan lifestyle. Whether it is to watch movies, go out partying, or enjoy a vegan-friendly cookout, you can find a lot of different activities to meet other like minded singles.
- Online vegan dating services – For a lot of people, approaching a stranger that you find attractive with the intention of asking them out can be a little intimidating. Fortunately, alternatives do exist, and online dating is the prime example for that. As one of the growing ways for singles to meet, online dating has a lot to offer, especially when you can either use an online dating site that caters specifically to vegans, such as Veg which is based on Tinder but is for vegans, or you can simple just filter out non-vegans on more popular dating sites. This is one of the most effective ways to meet singles in a modern era.
What about spiritualism in Vegan or Vegetarian dating?
A large part of the vegan community also participates in non-traditional forms of spirituality and belief. This can translate into a wide array of experiences that overlap with people’s decision to become either a vegan or a vegetarian and can influence their search for a partner.
This is to say that spiritualism plays a big role in the identity of the online vegan community, even if it isn’t always religious. Plenty of atheists proclaim a sense of spirituality as they live an eco-friendly vegan lifestyle.
Vegan and vegetarian dating apps and websites include features to help you clarify your beliefs when it comes to this side of your identity, and you can even search for others who match up well with you based on these ideas.
Vegan Dating FAQ
To help you get started with your vegan dating adventures, we have answered the most frequently asked questions.
Is there a vegan dating service?
Yes, there is. There are dating sites like Green Singles, Veggie Date, and Veggie Connection that are all for vegans and vegetarians to connect with each other. These cater specifically to vegans and vegetarians, but if you are more flexible Match.com or EliteSingles work too.
Is there a vegan Tinder?
Yes, although really it’s Tinder. In honor of Earth Day, Tinder has a Plant-Based Passion feature in their app. This offers members a way to connect over an earth-friendly lifestyle, including veganism.
Can a vegan and a non-vegan date?
Yes, although it’s always easier when your partner shares your beliefs and diet. With the right attitude and open-mindedness, both of you can make your relationship work without any issues. Just don’t push your beliefs onto your partner and make demands of them, and don’t let them do that to you either.