- #1 trusted dating app in the UK
- For serious, long-term relationships
- Free registration
- Perfect for: People looking to flirt and starts things off in a fun way
- Find someone in your neighbourhood
- Chat with like-minded singles straight away
- The place to find like-minded people who are looking for meaningful relationships
- Great search function
- Immediate support from professional team
- Ignite romance right in your vicinity
- Enjoy exact matching thanks to accurate filters;
- And explore many more benefits that will help you find love!
- Welcome Offer for new members
- Unique VIP Content for premium members
- Maximum payment security (Google Pay, Apple Pay etc.)
- Free sign-up!
- Easy-to-use interface, optimized for all devices.
- 100% match guarantee.
- Privacy protected in a discreet environment.
- Possible great matches,
Tailored matching algorithm + localized connections
Privacy with advanced security features
Local events and activities
- local dating
- chat rooms
- available for mobile too
- Thousands of mature singles looking for love, romance, and friendship
- Advanced features like identity verification, profile screening, and anti-scam protection
- Explore your preferences with search filters, chat rooms, and compatibility tests
- 100 million active users
- 100% verified accounts
- Easy start with the "Let's Mingle" feature
- Easy and convenient interface
- Perfect for casual dating & hookups
- Plenty of members for you to have fun with
- Best for anonymous and discreet encounters
- Free registration and free membership
- Chat with thousands of attractive singles
- Large database of Asian and European singles in the UK
- Full control of your profile to set your desired privacy settings
- Attend virtual events to meet even more members
- Global community but local flavor
- Advanced matching algorithms
- Security and privacy assurance
- Free, fast and easy registration
- Real girls from 180 countries
- Highly engaged and active community
- Best for open-minded looking for “no strings attached” fun
- Free membership
- 54 million users
- Meet attractive Asian, European, & Latino singles
- Quick and free signup
- Casual or serious online dating
Looking for different dating apps?
Deaf and non-deaf people live in a common world. Nevertheless, the culture of the deaf often remains “invisible” to many hearing people for a lifetime – only in exceptional cases do people who can hear come into direct contact with deaf people, which makes dating between hearing and deaf people a rarity.
Deaf dating is an art unto itself. The right body language, the perfect timing, creating a flow of engaging communication demands great confidence while dating a deaf and/or mute person.
If you are deaf and on the lookout for Mr. or Mrs. Right, you usually have to overcome some hurdles when having a crush or falling in love with a person who can hear, and these hurdles are mutual.
Not everyone is able or willing to engage in this process. This is where online dating comes in: internet dating opens the world of flirting and matching between deaf and people who can hear and tears down communication barriers.
The best deaf dating sites leave no room for ableism
Yes, lip-reading and speaking to others is not uncommon for deaf people. Still, the moment your speaker turns away, the conversation is interrupted. Society often misunderstands the needs and wishes of deaf people and others with limited physical or mental conditions.
Many things that hearing people do can lead to difficulties in communication with deaf people. Situations might sneak in that lead unconsciously to misunderstandings and mutual frustration.
Deaf dating sites work against this and offer a reliable and safe platform of getting to know each other for deaf and mute lovebirds. There are no awkward moments because everybody knows exactly what he or she is getting into. Thousands of likeminded deaf singles are on deaf dating platforms.
How to flirt with deaf people offline and on deaf dating sites?
Sign language is the most common way of communication for deaf people outside the digital world. The signs should remain flirty and sweet. Like in spoken language without being too exaggerated. The most important thing is to stay yourself and not pretend to be anything you aren’t.
Another way to communicate with a deaf person is to use written language. Smartphones make everyday communication so much easier for deaf people, that it even can be used for flirting.
If you want the other person to read your lips, then make sure to articulate the words exactly, and do not speak too fast. Otherwise, lip-reading becomes an extremely large obstacle.
We summarised our top tips for dating a deaf person:
Learn sign language, that way you avoid misunderstandings and unnecessary discussions and even arguments.
Be patient and understanding, most non-deaf couples need some time to get into a good flow, so take your time to find your groove in a new relationship. When deaf people use spoken language, they very often have to repeat everything. Most of them know that they are difficult to understand by hearing people.
Acceptance is fundamental. Don’t get frustrated about daily misunderstandings and understand that being deaf is a big part of your partner life if you aren’t ready to accept someone for who they are, it makes no difference if your partner is deaf or not, you won’t be able to establish harmony
- Learn sign language, that way you avoid misunderstandings and unnecessary discussions and even arguments.
- Be patient and understanding, even most non-deaf couples need some time to get into a good flow, so take your time to find your groove in a new relationship. When people use spoken language while dating deaf singles, they very often have to repeat everything. Most of them know that they are difficult to understand by hearing people.
- Acceptance is fundamental. Don’t get frustrated about daily misunderstandings and understand that being deaf is a big part of your partnership and if you aren’t ready to accept someone for who they are, it makes no difference if your partner is deaf, mute or hearing and speaking, you won’t be able to establish harmony in any case.
- Protect your partner, if necessary. There will be situations in which there will be misunderstandings with third parties and not every outsider has the manners or goodwill to respond to deaf people. Be prepared to stand by your partner and take sides whenever necessary. Learn to read your partner’s signals and only interfere actively when it is necessary.
Is dating a deaf single complicated?
Dating a deaf person is in most aspects the same as dating a person who can hear. However, a necessary condition will be that both have the will to adapt their daily routines. Sign language should be mastered by both partners if it comes to a relationship. This makes communication easier in many ways.
Otherwise, two lovers run the risk of making persistent misunderstandings a common part of their relationship.
Lovers can express so much passion through sparkling personalities and each other’s understanding that deafness in a relationship should be a no-brainer.
If your presence makes your crush blush and the nervousness is noticeable, you don’t have to worry about communication, it will happen naturally, as love finds its way.
If your presence makes your crush blush and the nervousness is noticeable, you don’t have to worry about communication, it will happen naturally, as love finds a way.
A common misconception: Deaf people can’t speak properly and don’t understand anything
This is far from true. A lot of deaf people can read the lips of their conversation partner and thus understand what is being said. Even answering must not be an obstacle.
However, hearing-impaired people might attract attention because they are not able to always estimate the volume and tone while speaking, thus they tend to communicate unintentionally louder than the average person.
The only obstacle with this is that very few people have experienced contact with deaf people and therefore the situation might be foreign to them.
Is it true that sense organs function better when one does not function at all? Five main senses characterize a sense-normative person. Sensory impressions can be collected and processed through them. As soon as the sense of hearing goes missing, the person has to focus on other senses and rely on them. Tactile and visual senses then enable communication and develop more sensitively.
Body language and facial expression reveal information and allow a better understanding of what the other person wants to say, so some hearing-impaired people tend to read people’s physical expressions better than their spoken words.
Deaf and mute dating sites are safe havens for hearing-impaired people
In everyday life, it is often difficult to get to know someone. It can be even more difficult if you are deaf. Online dating sites for deaf people are specially protected spaces for discrimination-free flirting. With our selection of the best dating sites for deaf people, you can find the love of your life safely and securely, or just have a little fun without any obligations.