- 378,000 conversations on the site per month
- Ideal if you are looking to connect with people who share you ethnicity and values
- Discover what the person is all about before you get chatting
- Serious matchmaking for black singles
- Matchmaking algorithm that works 100%
- Let all the success stories convince you!
- 6 million happy users
- Easy and fast local hookups with BIPOC
- Lovemaking without boundaries
- Finding real connections with black men and women
- suitable for hookups and relationships
- Find love now!
- Ideal for: People of colour looking to experience hookups with matches
- Anti-discrimination policy
- For interracial hookups
- Easy site navigation for an optimal experience
- Ideal for: BIPOC looking for casual flings
- Great chance for regular matching
- over 13 million users of all races on the platform
- Singles with above average education
- Register for free and find intellectual black lovers
Looking for different dating sites?
Ultimately, deciding which are the best sites depends on what you want from online dating.
If you’re from the black British community and prefer to date darker skinned people or those from similar ethnicities as your own, you’ll find some great opportunities out there.
Table of Contents
What are the best Black Dating Sites in the UK?
eharmony – Black Singles
eHarmony is one of the biggest players in the dating industry with over 10 million active users and over 750 thousand subscribers. A large part of these figures is due to the black community.
eharmony offers 29 criteria for compatibility of singles. BiPOC singles and their allies can search and look here for matches that go beyond the superficialities of the game, but also indicate external preferences.
The sophisticated and proven eHarmony algorithm stands out from all other dating sites for black singles and scores through the mass and quality of the members when matching and dating with a BPOC woman or man.
eharmony offers an iOS app and a version for Android smartphones, this offers all the features of the regular website and is better suited for mobile swapping than the browser version.
Registration and basic functions such as viewing other profiles are included in the free version of the black dating site.
Other paid features, such as sending messages and seeing who has visited your profile, are available in subscriptions starting at £11 per month.
Date Black Singles (DBS)
DBS was founded in 2016 and has no explicit content on the site. It is a serious black dating site that focuses on bringing singles together.
DBS cares about the safety and well being of its users, it has various security mechanisms, which are reflected in the blocking function as well as the anonymity of the users for outsiders.
Which means that profiles are not visible unless you are a member yourself. DatingBlackSingles offers a kind of social network where you can exchange information with others in forums and diaries.
Members can post updates and see the updates of others in a feed.
Unfortunately the site does not have a mobile app for tablets and smartphones, but the site itself is responsive and offers almost the same comfort and all the features of the browser version.
Unfortunately DBS does not currently offer the possibility that black gay dating apps do, so the site is not classified as LGBTQ+ friendly.
Black Cupid belongs to the famous Cupid dating group. Thanks to the know-how from many years of experience, BC has access to the full range of useful features.
Users register with a valid email address and have to confirm their membership via a link. Thanks to the standardized layouts and the user-friendly design, BC can be used quickly and easily by everyone.
The free version includes the ability to reply to messages from Gold users and browse other profiles. To contact other singles, you need a paid membership. The costs start from 10 pounds per month. BC is a great dating site for black females, too.
To get an impression of the site, new members receive a 3 month free trial subscription. The site caters a wide range of features like a dating radar to see all single BPoC near you and finding your love while dating.
With so-called Cupid tags users can spicken their profile with Instagram-like hashtags, in order to be found by others on the basis of these words. We think this is a clever idea.
Surprisingly, BC offers an app for Android, but unfortunately none for iOS devices like iPhones and iPads, a small drop of bitterness in our opinion.
Match – Black Singles
Match has one of the most growing dating communities in the world. Thousands of members flirt and date around the world on the site every day.
Match is especially interesting for people of the black community because it offers much more than just matching BPoC singles. With its sophisticated features, Match keeps its users happy and offers a great dating experience.
However, in order to use all the features and useful helpers of the site, members need a subscription, which has to be paid. At around £44 per month, Match is definitely not one of the free black dating apps.
Match is one of the LGBTQ+ friendly sites for black singles. With the option to meet same-sex singles, gay singles are very welcome on the site, Match excludes no one.
In addition to gender and appearance preferences, Match also allows you to specify more in-depth information about whether you would like to have a strong bond or just have fun.
However, knowing which are the best black dating sites and which are poor imitations that deliver very little bang for your buck is another matter entirely.
Our guide to ebony dating services will give you all the information you need to decide which one is the best site for you.
Especially if you are a religious person, you will find other local black Muslim singles and others who are Christian, Jewish etc. to date.
What to consider on black dating sites?
There are a few things you ought to consider while starting off on UK black dating sites. The first thing to do is to register for free membership on a few apps and give them a test-drive.
If free membership allows it, check out other users’ profiles and see if they tick the right boxes for you.
While registering as a non-paying user does give you a chance to test out services, you might find the services slightly limiting.
Many don’t include messaging as part of the deal, so you might find the experience frustrating unless you pay for a full service. It’s also worth checking to see which sites provide online chatrooms and forums.
While your endgame might be to get some online dating under your belt, chat rooms can be great resources for making new friends and getting to know matches before you consider dating.
On a practical level, always look at the subscription policy before you subscribe. Some online dating websites operate an ‘auto-renewal’ policy. This means that, unless you cancel your subscription before it expires, it will automatically renew it and you’ll be charged, accordingly.
A site’s online security policy is also something worth investigating. Check to see how easy it is to block or report another user on the off-chance that you encounter language or behaviour that you might find inappropriate, inflammatory or offensive.
Click here for more tips and guides on Black & Intercultural Dating
Pros & Cons of Black Dating Sites
Whether you’re one of the many black singles looking for relationships within the BPoC community and want to meet and date with black professionals, or you’re from a different cultural background, but want to date darker-skinned singles, online dating makes the whole process a lot easier, still there are also downsides of ebony dating services that we want you to know. We summarized some of main benefits and cons for you:
- Niche dating services, such as those for darker-skinned people and the black community, are aimed at those who want interracial relationships or those who want to date within their own ethnic group.
- For many black singles, more mainstream dating apps can bring them unwanted attention. While they might not be interested in interracial relationships, they can find themselves overwhelmed by the attentions of those who are. Therefore people use dating apps exclusively for the PoC community.
- There’s no need to specify certain things such as race, leaving you open to get on with the job of online dating without having to ask any awkward questions.
- In addition, online dating offers in general the ultimate in convenience. Instead of worrying about whether you’ll get to a restaurant on time or whether your date will like you, you can get to know other users in your own time and from the comfort of your own home.
- Black dating services and apps offer a safe environment in which darker-skinned singles can interact without the fear of attracting the wrong sort of attention.
- Due to the niche nature of black dating sites, you can miss a lot of potential matches that you might have encountered on sites that offer more diversity.
- Some dating sites take advantage of over-posting members by offering them fake profiles or poor service. Always stick to reviews on the Internet and our tested services.
- These services can attract a certain fetishization in everyday life. Sometimes you are only dated because of your dark skin color.
Tips on Starting Off on the Best Black Dating Sites
While registering as a non-paying user does give you a chance to test out sites, you might find the services slightly limiting.
Many don’t include messaging as part of the deal, so you might find the experience frustrating unless you pay for a full service. It’s also worth checking to see which apps provide online chatrooms and forums.
While your endgame might be to get some online dating under your belt, chat rooms can be great resources for making new friends and getting to know people before you consider dating.
On a practical level, always look at the subscription policy before you subscribe. Some online dating websites operate an ‘auto-renewal’ policy.
This means that, unless you cancel your subscription before it expires, it will automatically renew it and you’ll be charged, accordingly. A black dating site’s online security policy is also something worth investigating.
The best BPoC dating apps are those that are upfront and clear about what you get for your money.
In addition, they’ll be equally clear about the types of members they’re trying to attract. Look for the ones that meet all your criteria and you won’t go far wrong.
Why are Black Dating Sites so popular?
Cultural and societal icons like Whitney Houston, the Williams sisters Tiger Woods and important creative influences like the BLK magazine, hot R&B/ Hip Hop songs and many more factors shaped societies desire to live in an open and multiculturalism and date interracially.
As an object of desire, in order to avoid such hurtful racism from the start, black and people of colour like to go to dating portals where they are not seen as a trophy by other people.
Especially dating as a black girl can feel like that on some platforms.
With the rise of Black activism and BLM, it becomes more and more clear that people of color need safe places to interact, also when it comes to finding a soulmate or companionship.
On BPoC dating sites you can let the topic of “blackness” rest and concentrate on the important things like character, level of education, sympathy and everything else that relates to people.
Another reason is, obviously, cultural heritage and personal preferences, why shouldn’t people who are looking for like minded black Brits, Afro-Caribbean or African Americans sign up on dating sites?
Singles who are on the search for Christian dating sites can feel at home on British-African dating services.