As BPOC and non-black singles look for ways to date online, black dating apps and websites have stepped up to offer their services. Thanks to these African American dating services, you can connect with black singles for friendship and loving relationships easily!
However, knowing which are the best and which are poor imitations is another matter entirely. Our guide to black dating sites and black dating apps will give you all the information you need to decide which one is the best for you. Here are the top black dating sites:
- Serious matchmaking for black singles
- Matchmaking algorithm that works 100%
- Let all the success stories convince you!
- Easy site navigation for an optimal experience
- Ideal for: BIPOC looking for casual flings
- Great chance for regular matching
- over 13 million users of all races on the platform
- Singles with above average education
- Register for free and find intellectual black lovers
- Large database of Asian and European singles in the UK
- Full control of your profile to set your desired privacy settings
- Attend virtual events to meet even more members
- Meet attractive Asian, European, & Latino singles
- Quick and free signup
- Casual or serious online dating
- Easy and convenient interface
- Perfect for casual dating & hookups
- Plenty of members for you to have fun with
Personality assessment for enhanced screening
Global reach. Match with like-minded singles all over the world
Meet your equal in values, lifestyle, and career ambition
- Ignite romance right in your vicinity
- Enjoy exact matching thanks to accurate filters;
- And explore many more benefits that will help you find love!
- Offers unlimited messages and great value with a Welcome Offer for the new members
- More than a dating site. Gives access to engaging and unique VIP Content for its premium members
- Secure. Supports a variety of safe and convenient payment options, like Google Pay and Apple Pay
- Best for: Open-minded looking for "no strings attached" fun
- Free membership: Free registration, limited
- Users: 54 million
Engage in romantic conversations of an exciting nature with REBLL Network’s premium British dating community. If you are looking for teasingly playful connections, meaningful deeper interactions, or anything in between, you have arrived at your destination! Let us create memorable experiences for you that leave you both satisfied and wanting more. Check out our perks:
Flirty Conversations: Engage in playful banter, exchange virtual surprises, and enjoy interactive charm with potential matches that make your heart race.
Captivating Profiles: Create a profile that dazzles! Share your most alluring photos, fun videos, and witty bio snippets to showcase your unique charm.
Exciting Encounters: Join us at local events, where sparks fly, connections sizzle, and you'll find yourself wrapped up in thrilling moments with other singles in the UK.
Personalized Connections: Immerse yourself in Exclusive Matches, where cutting-edge algorithms work their magic, connecting you with individuals who ignite your interests and desires.
Safety with a Spark: Your safety is our top priority, wrapped in an air of mystery and excitement. Exclusive Matches ensures a secure yet exhilarating dating experience, where you can let your guard down and embrace the adventure.
Looking for different dating sites?
The best free Black dating sites and apps
If you want an online black dating site that makes pairing up singles with black men and women easy, then Black Cupid is your place to go.
Both the app and the site have gained popularity for their free registration and matching African American singles with other black or non-black singles who hope for an interracial relationship.
What is also good is that Black Cupid is a part of the Cupid Media online dating company. They are renowned for their success of being able to match you up with the man or woman of your dreams.
Members who join can enjoy any type of interracial or black-on-black relationship. Of course, to get the full benefits of the black dating site you will need to upgrade from the free membership into a subscription. This is well worth it.
eharmony is one of the most popular dating apps and websites out there to meet the man or woman of your dreams. New members can register for free with the site, and although eharmony is not strictly dedicated to black dating, you can still use the search to find partners based on race.
Their large userbase and high success rate mean users will have a good shot to meet a man or woman who fits their ideal for a romantic partner. The downside is that you may still match with singles you didn’t intend to, but you can always ignore these.
Afrointroductions is a site that really works to make interracial relationships work, helping to connect white or POC and BPOC singles for fun, love, and romance.
The great thing about the site is that there is room for people who want either a serious or a casual dating experience. This is good because some people may just be eager to explore a mixed-race relationship, or they might be looking for a partner that wants marriage in the long-run.
They also offer a great chat you can use to meet women or men on their app and site. Of course, singles may not match with you locally, so you will have to search sometimes outside of your own city or town.
Soul Singles is a black dating site and black dating app that connects black singles with one another on one of the most user-friendly services on the market. They have grown in popularity for their success with matching singles quickly and successfully.
Of course, if you are not dark-skinned yourself you can still sign up with the site to see if an interracial relationship is possible, but the site is focused on connecting black singles with one another.
Once you have registered for free, certain features will require you to pay for them, such as the ability to chat and message others.
Pros & Cons of black dating apps
- Everyone who uses these sites to meet singles for new dating opportunities is on the same page about dating
- Many of the best sites and apps offer incisive and informative blogs and articles, focused on online dating dos and don’ts
- These services offer progressive communities to interact with, giving you more than just a dating service
- Sometimes you can accidentally say the wrong thing and upset a community, and usually for good reason
- Not all sites are clear on their guidelines for whether they offer interracial dating opportunities or if it is a niche category
- You may end up matching with singles who aren’t the race you were hoping to match with, even though you have everything else in common
What to think about when looking for the best black dating site
This depends on what you want out of the best black online dating experience. For example, if you’re from the black community and prefer to date darker-skinned people or those from similar ethnicities as your own, focus on sites that cater to this.
Whether you are looking for African American dating sites for over 40 singles, the best dating sites for black professionals, or the best black dating apps, you should always keep an eye on what they have to offer.
If an interracial relationship is more your speed, make sure that the site you are using specializes in this. Not all dating sites will encourage a mixed-race relationship explicitly, although none discourage it. Either way, read up on the kind of site you sign up with. Read the terms thoroughly.
However, there are a few things you ought to consider:
- Register for free membership on a few apps and sites and give many a try at once. This is a good way to get a feel for what you might like.
- See which sites provide online chatrooms and forums. While your endgame might be to get some black online dating under your belt, chatrooms can be great for getting to know the community.
- Look at the subscription terms and privacy information before you subscribe. Some online dating websites operate an ‘auto-renewal’ policy, so don’t be caught off guard by this.
- Check to see how easy it is to block or report another user on the off-chance that you encounter language or behavior that you might find inappropriate, inflammatory or offensive.
- The best dating sites for black women and men, as well as the best dating sites for black professionals are those that are upfront and clear about what you get for your money. See if they actually provide what they are selling!
Starting off with black dating
If you are new to black dating online, you may have some reservations about meeting people online for romance. Not to worry, as everyone experiences this at first.
You can be sure that most other users will have ethnicities and cultural backgrounds that attracted you to the dating site in the first place. As a result, you can focus on learning more about the individuals and their own backgrounds.
In addition, online dating offers convenience. You can get to know other users in your own time and from the comfort of your own home. This is great during a pandemic!
While modern attitudes towards skin color and different ethnicities are definitely improving, black dating services and apps offer a safe environment. Darker-skinned people can interact without the fear of attracting bigotry while they look for romance with other singles.
To get the best results, you should be open about your interests and open-minded. Don’t use offensive language and don’t make assumptions about other users.
Why are black dating sites on the rise in the states?
Online dating has taken off thanks to the convenience of what is the most popular way for people to meet for relationships. Black dating sites are growing steadily in popularity because of this, and the best services know what to give their users.
With the rise of Black activism and BLM, it becomes clearer that people of color need safe places to interact. This is true whether it is for hookups, finding a soulmate, or for companionship.
People from all walks of life, ethnic groups, and origins are connecting with people who share the same hobbies, love of music like Hot R&B/Hip-Hop songs, entertainment, food, and more. Why not join other singles looking for love in the black community? Start your black dating adventures today!
Black Dating FAQ
We have answered the most frequently asked questions about black dating for you:
What are the best dating sites for Black dating?
There are several that you can choose from, each with a range of options for whether you are also an African American looking to date other blacks, or if you are another ethnicity looking to enjoy interracial dating opportunities:
What kind of dating opportunities can I expect here?
Any and all kinds. Most services are focused on long-term dating and relationships, while others give you the opportunity to enjoy casual hookups and one night stands.
It really depends on the type of dating that you are interested in, as there will always be a service out there for you to use.
What should I look for out of a dating service?
Keep an eye out for whether the user interface of the service is something you enjoy. See if there are any chances for community interaction, too. Be wary of any services that try to nickel and dime you with credits and other in-app purchases.
Read reviews and see if there is a local presence for a service you like. Above all, try the free version of a service before you pay, as you can always uninstall an app that you aren’t paying for, but a subscription can be tricky to cancel.