In the Brighton and Hove area, just about 50% of the population are single, which translates to about 115,000 people who are dating in Brighton.
So, with all of these potential matches, coupled with the city’s incredible bar and nightlife scene, Brighton dating is one of the best experiences in the world.
What do I need to know?
Brighton Dating: Where Do Singles Meet in Brighton?
If you live in Brighton, you’re in luck when it comes to using dating apps and websites because Brighton is one of the most active cities in the world.
Thus, the online world is your best bet to find singles in Brighton.
Best Dating Apps and Websites in Brighton
Brighton dating singles are some of the most active people in the world on Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge. For example, Brighton is one of the top three cities on Tinder with the most activity.
But, Hinge is a promising, lesser-known app that singles in Brighton have taken to because of its great algorithm that focuses on finding long-lasting relationships for their users.
You can check our some of our recommendations for dating apps and websites for dating in Brighton below.
- Easy to use mobile app
- Leader for serious dating apps
- Match with local partners or by city
- Perfect for finding love on the go
- Caters to matching academics and professionals for serious dating
- Match and meet with singles locally or by city
- Flexible for mobile users
- Meet matches who fit your schedule
- Enjoy dating to find a serious, lasting romance
- Active members across the UK
- Ideal for serious relationships with over 50 seniors
- User-friendly and simple to use
- Match up with locals
- Chat, message, share video and more
- Simple, discreet hookups on the go
- Perfect for local matching
- Match based on special interests and more
- Share pics and videos
Events for Dating in Brighton
Although speed dating is the most popular way to meet singles in Brighton, there are other options, such as meeting up with others at special bar events.
You can also find quite a few dating nights that cater to LGBT singles specifically.
Singles Events in Brighton
Speed dating may be the more traditional dating event, but there are plenty of other ways to meet singles in Brighton that feel more natural.
For example, Divino Wine Bar on Church Road in Hove sometimes hosts innovative single events, such as the Singles Night Soiree.
At this gala, all you have to do is mingle with other people, and a relationship expert will take notes and send you three matches they believe will be best for you.
You can find other singles events in bars and other places in the area, especially Life on High, The Old Tigers Head, and The Riverside.
Speed Dating Events in Brighton
The top places to find speed dating events in Brighton are XOXO Brighton and Browns Brasserie and Bar.
You can find XOXO Brighton on Prince Albert Street, near the waterfront. Meanwhile, Browns and Brasserie and Bar is nearby on Duke Street.
Both bars usually have their events on Wednesdays, and they often split up the nights by age. For example, most of the meet-ups are either for people in their 20s and 30s or 40s and 50s. The typical price to enter these events is around £20.
Is Brighton a Good City for Dating?
If you are dating in Brighton, you’re in luck because it is one of the best cities in the world to be single.
Plenty use apps and websites for Brighton dating, and the city has lots of bars that give you opportunities to meet new people.
Brighton Dating: Unspoken Rules to Know Before Entering the Dating Scene
- If you’re going on a first date and want to impress your partner, you could take them to one of Brighton’s romantic restaurants or cocktail bars like Semolina or Moshimo.
- Don’t forget about day dating. Queen’s Park and the Royal Pavilion are great places to spend some time in.
- The Lanes is the top spot for finding singles and Brighton dating.
- Brighton is one of the safest cities in the UK for dating and in general.
- The male to female ratio is 49.8 to 50.2.
So, if you’re interested in dating in Brighton, why don’t you sign up for some of the best Brighton dating apps and websites, like Tinder and eHarmony, to find your perfect match.
Find your dating in the UK city guide below.